onfuschiarose- I am so sorry to hear all of this. Have you heard back from doc or triage at the hospital? You need to be having atleast 1 bm a day, to stay normal. Jabber is right, are you eating high fiber foods and drinking as much water as possible. I know if I don't drink water, my bm's tend to be harder to pass.... and sometimes I even get constipated. You don't want that. I have heard that people on here will go sit on the toliet and it feels like they have to go and then can't. Don't push if you can help it. Drink water, juice, get some prune juice now that I think about it. Figs and dried prunes are suppose to do wonders for poop.

I would say to use a laxative, but it didn't work with me. It did, but it gave me really bad stomach aches, so I had to stop using it. For the time being, get to the triage and get this dealt with. Are you taking stool softeners? I still take stool softeners 6 weeks past surgery. I also take an herbal medicine made by san helios, but it was recommended by my sister in-law, not sure it's helping or not.

For me, in the morning I do high-fiber cereal, oatmeal or fruit smoothie. My fruit smoothie is mixed with frozen berries, low fat soy milk and 1 or 2 scoops of a fiber powder. My snack is activia with fiber yogurt, lunch is a salad with chicken breast, maybe a piece of Ezequiel's bread (very yummy, found in frozen section in your grocer)...it's also high in fiber and then another snack of crackers or whatever and maybe some fruit in the afternoon and then dinner is meat, veggies and potatoes or rice. I'm not perfect, I like fast food, but I really try to only do it once a week or maybe 3 times a month.

I know you won't kill yourself, but this is worst than anything I've ever experienced, but your humor is a lot like mine. I have to laugh through this, or I will drive myself nuts!

Hang in there, it does get better, I promise.

Sheek, I'm really sorry you are not healing that quickly either... I hope you start to feel better real soon... I'm just very weak and tired, so if I don't make sense, forgive me.. I'm not sure what he did to fix my fissure. But he said its rare that this happens after a hemorrhoidectomy and he actually has to do surgery for one. Of course I'm the rare case senero... He had to cut me open a little bit and I have to heal from the inside out this time... I guess where I tore myself (the fissure) can not heal itself, so he had to do surgery on me.. Its supposed to give me more room to have a BM I guess... because my hemorrhoids were so bad on the inside and out, my tissue had shrunk around the anus (which can happen) and it did for me and I had that large impaction and ripped my butt hole right open... Yes it still hurts just thinking about it! So every time I would have a BM, I would shake, sweat, shiver, and it felt like I was pooping glass... Literally.... and I would bleed with clots... I just knew something was not right with my recovery... So I had my fissure surgery this past Wed. on July 17th and I'm still dealing with it... So please keep me updated on your recovery, I hope your poor bottom feels better soon! I'm praying for all of you!

Onefushiarose, you are not alone in this... trust me! I'm not a doctor but with all what I've been through, I sure can try to help you out as much as I can... I'm sorry you had to go to the ER for your intense pain first of all... Yes the BM's will hurt like no other for awhile... I would sweat, shake, scream, feels like passing glass I know... that does however get better in time.... I wanted to die too.... Well ya know what I mean.. LOL.. As for BM's... I don't have one everyday either.. this is normal for me... I take laxatives, stool softners, drink, fruits, veggies, raisin bran, blah blah blah and my body just does not break it down as quickly as someone elses.. again I'm a freak I guess? I'm always the rare case person in everything.. LOL My stomach feels like its in a big ball full of fiber that just wants to either throw up or poop out.. and I can't... It just cramps... I don't know what else to do? I don't want to get constipated thats for sure... I'm still on percocets but I cut way way back on them... I suffer with the pain before I take a lot of those because I know they constipate... I had to learn the hard way the first time after my first surgery.... Did not poop for 10 days.. It was awful.. I don't want that to happen to anyone ever... Keep us all updated and I will as well.. Hugs to you too....... keep your spirts high... You will get better!

DarkRed, Hi there.... No, I knew I was not healing well from the first surgery.. My BM's kept getting worse over the 4th of July and the bleeding and the pain, so I went back to the doctor on July 13th, he finally saw my bad fissure (which I told him I suspected in the beginning) but nobody listens and he did surgery on me 2 days later... My fissure can not heal on its own where its located and everytime I would have a BM, I would tear it open again and irritate it and it was so painful... After my hemorrhoidectomy, my tissue around the anus shrunk (which happens sometimes) and since mine were so bad (internal and external) it had to happen to me... So he had to go in and open me up some.. that way when I have a BM, I don't tear and I have room to poop... LOL... Its still very painful at this point but I'm keeping my BM's as soft as I can... I cut way back on the percocets... remember I was taking 12 a day after the first surgery? Well now, I only take maybe 3-4 a day.... So I'm real proud of myself..... I do more sitz baths and I pray, pray and pray!!!! Thank you so much for all your care and concerns... I will keep you all updated as I try to sit to type... Hugs to you all..... take care of yourselves... :-D

Good news! Thanks be to God and I'm sure I heard the angels sing! I'm out of emergency room danger, thanks for your prayers. I will keep sending prayers up for all of us.

Since we can all use a good laugh, I'll tell you what happened: I'm sitting on the toilet, everytime I would get up, I would have the urge and then nothing. So here I am sitting on the toilet and my sister wants to talk to me. I tell her she can as long as she doesn't mind telling me while I'm sitting on the toilet. Her news you ask? The man she is in love with just proposed to her last night, which came as such a shock,

I finially released...............What a great story, huh?

Hugs, Wendy

Wendy.. You are soooo funny.... I'm glad everything came out alright and Congrats to your sister! Call your sis everytime you feel the urge to go to the bathroom... Ha ha.. she's your good luck charm.... Hugs to you.... :-D

Woohoo, congrats to your sister Wendy.

I'm so glad you pooped..... the angels for your bottom are definitely singing.

I forgot to add the sitz baths....as long as you can stand them as hot as you can stand them. Since my silver nitrate on my bottom, I took a sitz shower today. I get the shower head aimed right at my bottom and turn up the heat so hot....but I have to say that it makes it feel so much better. I just bend over on my pedastal ... I don't care what I look like.

Anyway, my prayers are with you onefushia....

3lovelykiddos, I asked my doc about that too, my anal canal shrinking. she didn't say anything, so I guess it's okay. I'm also going to pray for you to.

Take care everybody.

HI everyone,
I it is good to hear positive things.
I was wondering has any of you ever applied Instillagel? I have read a post here where a guy was using this and he said it helped him a lot. Maybe it can help you too.
What do you think of this?

darkred, I haven't used Installagel.... but I'm using rectagel. I'm thinking they are a lot alike. The rectagel helped me a lot..... I was virtually pain free during and after a bm until my doc had to go and put the silver nitrate on there to cauterize the area. Now I have blinding pain after every bm again....it's like starting over. Yes, I would recommend rectagel to anybody. My second opinion doc told me to just put it on the outside, but I inserted it inside for a good week or so, until I had the silver nitrate put on. Ugh.

Hi All, I have'nt heard of Insallagel or rectegel Are they perscription ointments? I've been using linocaine gel, it numbs the area, is this similiar to what you're talking about?
I had such a hard time with pain after I ripped my stitches out, that my doc put me on a 12hr type percocet. I went in to my doc today and she sees that I'm still swollen and my inside wounds are still open. I feel better though, so I'm only on 4-6hr pain killers as needed now. If I can get some regularity for my bm's, I could take pain meds for only that and maybe a couple hrs. after, then just be on Ibuprophen. At this point, I still cannot tolerate going to the bathroom without anything. Part of it is the pain and the other part is just plain FEAR of the pain. When my stomach starts to ache like maybe its time to go, my butt clamps shut o.O ....then I have to take a valium to relax it!

3lovelykiddos, I'm sorry you're still in so much pain. I'm going to take your advice on the Mirilax. My doctor said to try just half a dose first. Well, I did and it's been 3hrs now and nothing. Maybe I should take the other half now? Also, since Mirilax has stool softeners in it already, do you still take a stool softener? Please let me know, hope you feel better soon! Hugs, Wendy :-)

Onefushia, hey there.. I'm sorrry you are still in pain too... I've been praying for ya though.. I have had fear since my first surgery to have a BM... Its been 8 weeks since my first surgery and only 1 week since my last and I still have that FEAR... Its only natural to feel that way... because we know there is no way around it (the BM of course)... we know we have to pass it but we are scared of how painful it will be... As for the Miralax, I'm not drinking it now because I was very sick yesterday, going to the bathroom constantly. Yes I was doing Miralax (one glass with gatorade) and 2 senekot and 1 colace along with the fruit, fiber cereals, etc... so it was too much for me... I just took one senekot this morning and a one colace tonight.. I had a BM tonight but it was not that soft, so I may have to drink some more miralax... I just don't want you or I to get constipated... thats the worst thing that could happen to us right now... For me Miralax does not work right away... It may take a day or so to work.... at least for me anyways.. It sounds like you are doing everything you are supposed to be doing, so I sure hope you get to feeling better soon.... Keep me updated...

Well my update today, well I could not sleep all night last night.. my stomach hurt so badly and I was running to the bathroom constantly and my bottom was very sore and I was so weak... So I slept most of the day today and I did have a BM tonight but it was not soft... I guess because I did not take as much stool softners, senekot, etc... I had to take my percocet after my BM tonight because it burns so bad.. I was sweating some with this BM too... Still hurts and feels like I pass glass but I have to admit, its not as bad as it was 6 weeks ago... so maybe the surgeon finally fixed my problem afterall? Hugs to you and take care... :-D

3lovelykiddos, Thanks for your prayers and I'm sending some heavenbound for you right now..........
So sorry you were sick, as if two surgeries wasn't enough already! Maybe you should boost your vitamin c up a notch? How were you sick, was it diareah? I hope not! But you said you were going to the bathroom all day, so that's what I'm assuming was wrong. I really feel for you!
You are much braver than I. I have to take pain meds before I go and since I didn't go today, I was on them all day. My doc said Mirilax is strong and to try half a dose first. Before I did that, however, I tried to insert a saline solution enema into my bum. How stupid was that? It burned before I could get much in and the applicator came out with bloof on it, so I'm hoping I didn't punture anything.
I hope have a bm in the morning. I truly hope you're feeling better soon-Hugs, Wendy

Hi onefuchiarose,
you have to be careful now. Don't do anything that will harm or rupture your wound. I really sad that you are not well yet. I hope that everything will be fine soon.
3lovelykiddos, it is good to hear that it's better than six weeks ago. I hope that you will not safer long and that you will get better in no time.

Onefushia... Oh my... the Miralax would be a lot safer for you than doing a enema.... Sticking that up in your bottom may rupture something.... My doc made me do one the night before my second surgery (last week) and it was so swollen and so painful I could barely find the hole.... I only could do one.. I said forget the second one... It was awful... I hope you have a soft BM too... I heard others on this forum saying that they used Milk of Mag (Phillips)... I never tried it but I bought it, along with everything else in the drugstore... (well my husband shopped). Yes I was sick from all the fiber and laxatives, stool softners, etc... I kept running back and forth to the bathroom all day... I was so tired and weak.... Last night was not as bad but I did have 2 BM's and the one did make me sweat... then of course I had to take my pain med... Are you able to walk around a little bit? I mean even walk around in circles in the kitchen? Even if you walk slowly, just to keep your body and bowels moving... I mean I can't walk much but I make myself move around, so I don't get constipated.. I'm not a water drinker but I drink a lot of decaf tea, or Sobe drinks... and the raisin bran, wheaties, wheat toast, fruit along with the senekot and colace usually helps me go... How many days has it been now for you? Since your last BM? I will pray for you... ;-) Keep us updated! Thanks for your response back to me too.... Hugs

Darkred, my old buddy, where have you been hiding lately? I missed talking with you! Well I do hope this second surgery was worth it in the end... I am still recovering, so I don't know anything yet... I know it hurts on the left side now, when before it hurt on the right side (where I got my fissure)... so when I do go to the bathroom, it burns baby burns but hopefully it will get better! I hope everything is ok with you? Thanks for your response... Lots of Hugs to you... :-D

Dear Dark Red and 3lovely kiddos,
I hope you are both recovering even more and that you're doing better than last week :-D . I had gone 2 days again without a bm and I had my husband buy more oral enemas. I got really bad gas pains and still couldn't go, so this time I used a glycerin fleet enema. That finially did it. I can't believe how constipated I am all the time! I can't seem to go on my own accord. I never have been regular though. I went to the doctor and she said I'm definitely going to have skin tags. I will probably have them around my entire opening >;) ! I wonder how bad that's going to hurt %-) As far as walking around, I am doing that a lot. I can pretty much do most things without pain now, except have a bm. I will say, however, that I get these shooting pains that shoot straight up my rear end o.O . Muscle spasm maybe?
3lovelykiddos, I wish you felt as good as I do :-( . It sounds like this second surgery has been kicking your butt. My prayers for you, hun.
Darkred, how have you been feeling? How long has it been since your surgery now?
Oh, I wanted to say that I tried the Mirilax, and it didn't phase me at all. Nothing! Jeez ! Hugs, Wendy

Hi both of you,
Well 3lovelykiddos thanks for the hugs. :-) Back to you too :-)
Well I've been here and there on this forum. Visiting other topics. And saw that you didn't post in "our" thread long time and started to search for you and found you here. :-) Just hang in there and kip fighting this.
Onefuchiarose I don't have problem like you two have. I once ran into 3lovelykiddos post and started talking with her. If you can call it like this, I was like small moral support. :-) (I hope I helped her even little).
I you feel these shooting pains all over the ear than this can be muscle spasms. How often are you having these?

Drink 1 rounded tsp Metamucile with 20 ounces of water twice a day and the Miralax once a day with 20 ounces of water and you will not have problems with BM. Those are the instruction I followed and I have had big BMs the next day after surgery and every day since.
Good luck.