Hi Wendy, 3lk and bambi,
It's been a few days from my last post here and I see you talked about a lot of things. To be honest I didn't read all of these post detailed but as I can see bambi has many good advices.
3lk, I'm sorry that you are not getting better by now. But stay positive, think positive and you will get there in no time. I'm sad when you say that you are in pain. I'm interested in what will you OBGYN say.
Wendy, i really grateful for your hugs. There are a lot of members here and if I haven't talked to you I'm sure someone else would. Many people come here just to help others. Of course they have their problems in beginning but afterward they stay and help.

Dark Red, I can see why people stat to help, and I will probably do that too. You are correct in that Bambie has been a wealth of info. I'm still picking her brain on these rediculious skin tags of mine, which will hopefully be my last procedure. You are most welcome for the hugs, thanks for being there for us!more hugs-Wendy

3LK, How are you today? My hubby just brought me coffee in bed. Like I had said, he is a sweetie, unless I work for him. We had such a nice talk the other day and we're both in agreement that working as his assistant isn't good for our marriage. I was supposed to bring my van in to get worked on this morning and instead I asked my husband to and stayed in bed with a baby wipe sitting on my butt trauma. It's really, really itchy! The doctor said that means I'm healing. I hope so.
A scripture comes to mind for you, but you may want to look it up to make sure I'm quoting it correctly: Be anxious for nothing, but through prayer and supplication, let your requests be made known unto God and He will give you a peace that surpasses all understanding. I can't remember where that is, sorry, but it has helped me through many a unsure time.
More prayers for you in Jesus name, and more hugs of comfort to you my sister-Wendy

Bambie! Thank you again! I did look up skin tags in some medical websites to gain more info. I agree about being careful with what I look up. If you have any info on what I could do to help shrink these skin tags as I recover, I would be more than happy to listen. I already plan on getting that drink you suggested the next time I can drive to the health food store and I'm starting the omega 3's as well. Staying regular without products like Sennal would be awsome. Also, I've never been regular, so it would be benificial even after recovery. My diet has changed too. I am more careful as to what I eat. Lots of fiber and fruit.

I'm sure you already know this about me, but the skin tags I have are because I had a hemorrhoidectomy July 17 and ended up ripping most of my stitches out from a hard bowel. So my poor butt is still swollen all the way around in a circle, only it deosn't look like a circle, it looks like a mess. The doctor said I will definitely be left with skin tags. They'll be too severe to get cut off in the doctors office, I will have to have it done in the hospital under anesethia. I have to wait until I totally heal first, though. Another 6 weeks or so. I won't really know what I'm dealing with until all the swelling is down. I'm wondering if there's something natural I can put on it to help shrink those tags, in the midst of them "deflating" from the swelling that will help shrink them. Any suggestions?

Thanks again Bambie, by the way, are you totally through your therapy now? talk to you soon, hugs-Wendy

Well your doctor is right, if you feel it itches that means that it is healing. So this is good and bad thing. Good because it is healing, and the bad is that you can't itch your self. You have to be strong and resist touching the itching spot as much as you can. BE STRONG. :-)
I hope that you will be good in no time.
Best of luck Wendy.

P.S. Good thing you talked to your husband. :-)

Hi to all! Wendy DR is right, itching is good BUT aggravating. Since your doctor stated that your tags are bad, I have a feeling that he will either surgically remove them or tie them off! Most of the time hemorrhoids - which are in a bad state - will grow from inside the anus! A lot of us have "skin tags" it's just what happens with those tags. If they fill with blood, or get infected they will need to be seen to.

I don't know if I mentioned this to you or 3LK but FROZEN Tucs pads are the BEST thing for swelling and cleaning the anus. You can use them to TAP the itchy parts too! Get a big tub of them at the pharmacy and put them in the freezer they are like flat ice cubes, then you can put a couple right in there! It feel SO good! And it has the same medicinal properties as Prep H so it will take care of the inflammation, the itching etc. Use a panty liner to cover your bottom, so they don't soak through your clothes. You can use them to wipe etc. Also at the pharmacy are personal hygiene wipes, you can use them WITH the squirt bottle everytime you go to the bathroom. Just remember to get ones with NO scent! As these aggravate the area! With the tucs pads you should notice a difference within in the day. And you can have several pots in the freezer. IF you can get these tags from becoming a problem the better off you will be. So SQUIRT away, TUCS constantly and keep the planet Uranus clean as possible OK?

3LK I am serious honey, whatever you need I WILL get it for you!!! Where I live I'm a bit of a medical and social activist! Anytime anything goes wrong with our system I am interviewed. Because myself, my son, my mom suffered SO much from our governments attempts to "Americanize" the system! So I'm an English Bull Dog when it comes to people who are suffering. I am on a Children With Disability group, a Healthcare Watchdog Group, and know a LOT about different laws etc. True this is in Canada, but NO border will stop me!!!! XD o.O XD So take my help OK honey!? I even told one lady - with a similar problem to all of us - the address and directions to a local clinic for her!!!!! LOL! That's how much I'm into this! I don't work - due to disability - so I have either this to do or watch Maury!!! PLEASE help me not watch Maury!!!! LOL ;-) XD

God bless all of you. And hugs and health as always!

Bambi, hello to you! Thank you so much for all of your support, I so much appreciate it... If I need help, I will ask you, I promise! Right now, my OBGYN is very busy but they can get me in Aug. 21st, which I wanted it to be this week or next week, so the lady told me to keep calling every day, to see if their are any cancellations to get me in sooner.. So I'm going to do that.. Call every day! LOL... I go back to see that rectal surgeon the last week of August.. I'm not excited to see him again, believe me but it will hopefully be the last visit with him ever! I don't mean to be rude but I want to be done with him.... I am still in pain and I wish I could buy some of that Vega but I just don't have the extra cash right now... Its tough right now but we will be ok... I have faith in God... I still have my raisin bran, LOL... Ha ha.. yuck... getting sick of it already... but I'll have to try that out hopefully soon... My husband has a interview in a different State at the end of this week (where my parents live), so we have been praying for God's will for this job... If its his will, then everything will work out right? We will have to move in with my mom but where we live now is a small town and we live 3 1/2 hrs. away from my mom and we have no family out where we live anymore, so really what is the reason we are still here? We have no help with our children, so maybe this is what we are supposed to do? I don't know? I'm so confused and nervous about everything... I'm so stressed with me still in pain since my 2nd surgery... I know this all has not much to do with hemorrhoids but I do need some support.. and you and Wendy and Darkred have been great to me and I'm so grateful for that.. so thank you to all of you and the rest of you that have been so kind and encouranging.... Hugs to you....

Wendy, please keep my family and my health in your prayers at your prayer meeting Tues... I sure hope you are feeling better? Please keep me updated on how you have been feeling lately... I've been praying for you!!! Hugs to you..

Bambi.. I do appreciate all your kind words and to offer to help me and my family out! I will keep you posted on everything! Hugs to you again...

Whatever and whenever you need help, I'm here honey! As is Wendy and DR! When you go see the Anal Surgeon I want you to talk to him first, I want you to tell him how he makes you feel! And be TOTALLY truthful! Also try and call his office and tell them that you are really hurting, and see if they can get you in quicker! Do the same for him as you will be doing for your Gynecologist! Actually I know there are Doctors that work together here is a link for the American Rectal Surgeons!

http://www.fascrs.org/

Also honey, fingers crossed, I might have a solution about the Vega! So I will let you know if one of my ideas works out!

In the mean time, if you can't afford Omega oils, try to take a teaspoon of Olive Oil! I know that sounds gross, but it WILL help you!

Lots of hugs and prayers!

Bambi... Hi again.. Just to keep you updated.. I did go see my rectal surgeon this past Wed. and I thought I tore myself again on Monday and I did tell him my concern, and he quickly spread my butt cheeks and said "No you have no fistula and its healing fine".. remember I mentioned that? Thats why I want a second opinion from my OB doctor. I never even had a fistula... It was a fissure from me having the hemorrhoidectomy.. He just does not listen to his patients and he's always in a hurry then he walks out of the room... My mouth was still open surprised that he just does not listen... I told him after my hemorrhoidectomy, I thought I tore myself and at 4 weeks post op, he did the same thing, a very extremely quick spread of the cheeks and said I was fine.. but I was still in severe pain and at 7 weeks post op, he finally said "Um, yes you have a fissure and will need surgery again"... If he would of LISTENED to me the first time, he would of known this a lot quicker and to see why I was not healing properly and I was in so much pain.. He just needs to calm down and listen to his patients... and yes I need to tell him how I feel about him when I do go see him at the end of the month but he's always in such a freakin hurry, my grandmother says to write him a letter.... I'm thinking of what I should do... but at this point, I really want to see my OB doctor (he's great and very patient and very honest), so I'm happy I will be seeing him first before my last post op appt with the rectal surgeon... At least he can see if I did indeed tear myself again... I hope I didn't... but who knows at this point... I hurt all over down there... My poor body can't go through much more... I just look pitiful and I am (or was) a healthy mid 30's woman... Now I just hurt all the time, can't barely sit or stand very long and I have to lay on my side with a pillow inbetween my legs to help take the pressure off my bum... Ugh... How much can a person take? I had my first surgery on May 20th for the hemorrhoidectomy and my 2nd surgery for my fissure on July 15th.... My butt needs time to heal I know.. but I wish it would hurry! Thanks again for all your kind words.. It really means so much... Lots of hugs to you! :-D

Oh hon! I thought he didn't even look at you! It's SO impersonal isn't it?!!!! I think you writing a letter would be a great idea! AND also help you get all of the pain out onto paper!! Does that make sense? I have a whole bunch of letters on my computer that I wrote either to myself or different people. Some I sent, and some I just kept, so I could get ALL my upset and frustration out! I TOTALLY understand how you feel honey, I do! I too thought it would NEVER heal and I would be normal! I STILL have problems but of course they are NOTHING compared to what I've been through. And you too will feel the same, I promise! When you are down you don't feel like fighting or doing anything - TOTALLY understand that! But you will! I think it's a good idea to go to your moms! Because as super women, we feel awful that we aren't doing EVERYTHING! Right? So it will be good for you to share the SW duties!! :-) I remember when I first hurt myself - with my disability - I used to clean the house, make dinner, grocery shop, even mow the lawn, and then WHAM!!! Nothing! So I couldn't do anything, and THAT was worse than the injury! You just have to give yourself a break! It sounds like you have a wonderful husband, who is going through his own stress's right now, and my prayers go out to both of you and your children! Do you have public homecare there? Or is everything privatized?

You know what? i just thought of something, why don't we start talking about other things as well as what is going on with you of course! But just regular stuff! So it's not ALWAYS about your bum!!! ;-) Please know I have NO problem continuing with the bum conversations but just incase you need a break from it! I'm here too, I not only know about medical stuff, I am also FILLED with TOTALLY USELESS information!! ESPECIALLY entertainment and celebrity news - Don't ask me why!!!! ;-) XD XD I think it's my need to concentrate on other peoples lives other than mine!!!! LOL Anyway hon, anytime you want to talk about anything, just give me a shout OK? And by the way my name is Dawn - since you know more about me bottom than anyone else!!!! LOL

I need my girl friends. I'm frustrated. I had a hard bowel and I was trapped on the toilet for half an hour. I couldn't release and I was scared. I tried to go, but couldn't. I called my surgeons clinic and they paged the doctor on call. She told me to have my husband get some magnesium Critrate oral solution and get in the bathtub. I put linacaine on the end of an rectal enema bottle and while in the tub, got a little bit up me. I'm so swollen, it was no easy task! I finially went using lamanze breathing, trying to sit in the position Bambie said to sit in, and ended having to bear down. There was no other choice. Lots and lots of blood came out. I'm in pain, but now I think the bleeding has stopped, so I'm not hemorraging.

3lovely Kiddos, I have a question for you. Although the bleeding seems to have stopped, I'm having a sharp stabbing pain on my left side that isn't constant pain, but only when I move. (like a needle poking me) I can't tell if its on the inside or the outside. Does this sound like you when you tore and ended up with a fissure? Or did you keep bleeding and have constant pain, even when you were'nt moving?
By the way, are you having the same symptoms now as you did with your first fissure?
Now, I'm not sure if I'll be able to attend my womens bible study that was moved to my friends house. I still wrote the bible study, so I'm hoping I can still go. If I can't though, I asked my friend to have the group pray for you. BIG hugs-Wendy

Bambie and Dark Red-Thank you, also for your ongoing support. My whole ordeal today took about 4hrs! Then I settled in to write this, because I knew I had you gals to listen and give me support as I sit here crying. If it were not for you three, I would feel very, very alone! Please let me know if there's anything you need my support on, even if its another discussion board.

Thank you to all three of you-in deepest gratitude-Wendy

3 lovely kiddos, Now that I'm calmed down, I was able to read your last posts. I just thought I share something that helped me earlier this summer. We looked at a house that we loved. We were in the middle of so much going on at the time though, and with the economy the way it is and my husband being self employed, we were'nt quite sure it was the right thing to do or if it was God's will. I believe God sees the "whole" picture as we only see in part. So we went ahead and made an offer on the house, because we knew we'd kick ourselves if we didn't at least try, and then I prayed and asked God to please let his will be done and not to give us the house if it wasn't the right house, location or timing. We ended up getting out bid by another party and because I had placed it in God's hands, I had total peace with the fact that we didn't get it.
Just thought I'd share that with you. Please try not to be confused or worried, it won't help your recovery! Remember the scripture I shared with you a few posts ago? Hugs and prayers- Wendy

HI 3lk,
I still can not understand how is your doctor behaving this way. I'm not sure that he actually did look at your surgery. I don't know why this people did go to medical school at first place. He has to know that he is here to help others. That is his call. That is what he chose to do.
I just hope that you will get better in no time, that you don't have to worry about these things any more.
It would be good if your husband finds a job. It would make things much easier for both of you.

All the best to all of you.

Hi Guys: I TOTALLY agree with DR! This guy has been in the game FAR too long!

Wendy!!! Oh honey!!! I remember that like it was yesterday!!! It sounds like you have a tear! That will be the stingin. Doesn't mean you have a fissure! I TORE and TORE and TORE so I understand that honey! just keep squirting with VERY wam water. Take as much oil as possible - Omegas, Flax, Evening of Primose Oil! When we take TOO much fiber that can make everything bung up too! My dad had what they thought was CDIF in the hospital, constant diareha, so they actually gave him fiber to bung him up, so it can be the opposite of what you need! This is GROSS so forgive me honey, but it's the only thing that helped me, next time it is hard, you are going to have to push it out manually!! 1st try and get the J thing I was talking about! If you can't use your finger and push it against the wall of your vagina to straighten out your dip! If that works great, IF it doesn't what you do is very gently push around the base of your anus, find where the compaction is and try to push it in the right direction! IF you think about when you had children and the doctor or nurse would try and push back the skin of your Vajayjay to get the head of the baby out? That is how I STILL do it, just incase you find yourself in the same position. IF you don't go everyday then you will really have to watch out and take as much oil as possible. Another is Epsom Salts - they are GROSS but they are the perfect laxative! So give that a try too.

Take an Epsom Salts bath in VERY warm water, this soften your skin and draws any impurities out as well. Get those Tucs and that should take care of the stinging and the itching that is BOUND to happen!

Good luck honey!

Wendy! Hi sweetie.. I'm sorry, I have not been feeling all that great myself and I've been on the phone today getting into my OBGYN with cancellations, so thank you for your prayers, they can get me in this Friday! I think I may be having some withdrawl from my percocets, I was on them so long because of my pain and I still took some yesterday but not as much... I'm weaning myself off of those suckers!

Ok, as for when I tore myself... I was constipated for 10 days... No BM during any of this time... I was taking my colace and doing everthing I was supposed to be doing but I think it was the 12 percocets I was taking that backed me up... I finally had to take an entire bottle of miralax with gatorade and it made me go but in the worst way possible.. I had very huge impactions.. almost size of baseballs (I'm not kidding), I don't know how I did this at home.. I was on a sitz bath while taking my finger and having to dig it out in pieces and I was so swollen and it hurt so bad.. the worst pain of any child birth I've ever been through... so I did bleed but not continously... Just usually during my BM's... Still I bleed with some BM's and yes it hurts on one side of my rectum, it was the right side before my second surgery (for my fissure), now it hurts on my left side... No bleeding, usually only with a BM and yes it hurts like burning glass still, its so awful... Like I said its like a living nightmare... I ask God why? But I know I'm not supposed to do that, so I don't... I just pray he helps guide me every single day of my life... So I would not be surprised if you did tear honey... I would see if your surgeon can take a look at you.. Hopefully its not like my surgeon who did not listen to me the first post op visit... I knew I had a fissure and he did not look well enough at all... until my 7 weeks post op, I'm still complaining of bleeding with BM's and SEVERE pain, then he did a better exam and "said yes you have a fissure and I have to do another surgery"... So he did which was 2 weeks ago... Last week is when I thought I tore myself again but when I told him this, he did the same thing the first time, rushed me through and did not really give me an exam and said "No your fistula is healing fine"... I don't even have a fistual that I know of? Thats why I'm so grateful to God I go this Friday to see my OB doctor.. (he's great and he's family, through marriage only of course and he's delivered 2 of my 3 babies), so I totally trust him... I'm not for sure if I have another fissure or not but I have not had a BM yet today... my stomach hurts so bad though and I feel dizzy and nauseated (probably from withdrawl) who knows? I'm a hot mess...

I'm really sorry you are hurting so bad and you had to do the tub thing and you were bleeding... You surgeon seems so nice though and concerned with you, I'm so jealous of that! ;-) I'm glad you are calmed down and I'm sorry I was not here earlier to help you! As for hurting all the time, well its hard to explain, I'm not in severe pain all the time, I am uncomfortable at all times but not SEVERE pain, usually only during and after a BM and then I have those stupid spasms which don't help out... so I can feel pain on my one side yes for sure! Thats why I'm concerned if I tore again or not? I will keep you posted though after my appt on this Friday... Please keep us all updated on how you are feeling and if your doc can get you in, just to peek at you! I'd rather be safe than sorry.. Don't wait as long as I had to.... I will continue to pray for you, ok, how about now? I'll do it right now... hold on... Ok, its all done! Your prayer is just been granted! How's that for a friend who you've never met.. LOL.. By the way, my name is Lisa! Lots of Hugs and kisses to you! Please keep me informed, I'm really worried about you!

DarkRed, Hi there.. Miss talking with you! Yes I don't know why my surgeon is so upset and in a hurry all the time.. It just seems like he's aggrivated that he had to do a second surgery on me and thats that.... I don't get him... but I have talked to a family member who used to go to him and she no longer goes to him because of his rude bed side manner and she even told me that 2 nurse friends of hers REFUSE to work with this surgeon in the OR because of his bad attitude... thats why I think I should write him a letter when I see him at the end of August... Just to let him know how I feel and the way I felt during my second surgery and recovery process.. I would give you more details but its just too exhausting... bad energy right now for me! Yes, we are praying for my husband to get this job.. It will be in a different State but it will be where my parents live and yes we'd have to move in (but I'm an only child with 3 little one's of my own) and she wants us to move in.. Just don't think my husband is too keen on it.. LOL but its for our future and our childrens future and nothing is permanent right? Things are just temporary... We would have good benefits and insurance with this job if he gets it.... So we will see.. I think they moved his interview for next week instead of this week, which is good because of my doctors appt this Friday... I hope my OBGYN doctor can help me make some sense out of all of this... I know he works with this surgeon or knows him well.. they work in the same City... so I don't want to bad mouth my surgeon but my OB doctor at least needs to know the basis right? I need to be honest here.... Ok, lots of hugs to you too... My name is Lisa by the way... Hugs :-D

Bambi (Dawn), hey there... As you probably have read above, I'm not feeling that well today... Just may be having withdrawl from the percocets I had been taking for the severe pain.... don't know? Just feel, dizzy, nauseated and well its hard to describe unless you've been here too? I have not had a BM yet but my stomach just aches, so I know I have to go, it just has not happend yet.. Isn't sad, that I worry about having a BM all the time now? Its like a fear, a constant fear of if and when I will go and how painful it will be... Its terrible...

Ok, if you don't want to always talk about my bum... I love reality T.V.! LOL... my husband hates it... but there are certain shows that I do like to watch... do you? It keeps my mind off of my butt for awhile... Ha ha.. OK, well not really but I try.... Oh, my name is Lisa by the way... Thank you for all of your care and concerns with me... Lots of Love and Hugs... to you I hope you are doing ok? ;-)