Hi, Dark Red, It's so sweet of you to hang aroung for moral support! The shooting pains up the rear are everyday, but less and less painful. Today I went off the pain meds and was soooo tired that I slept all day. I don't know if it could be withdrawels from being on them for two weeks straight or what, but man am I tired!
I've actually had quite a long road and have been on pain meds off and on all summer because of all the procedures I did practically back to back.
I had fibroids that I've been watching through ultrasound and they were making me bleed really heavy. Then I had hemmoroids that just got worse and worse over the years since having my first child 19 years ago and was in labor for 27 hours. My hemorrhoids started bleeding alot and it got to the point of me always having to check which place I was bleeding from. Sometimes it was from the hemorriods and sometimes it was from the fibroids. I went on a trip to Hawaai with my hubby and started bleeding there too >;) !
I had a laproscopy and a diliage and curtelege, but started bleeding again 7days later. So one week later I had a uterine artery embolization procedure, which is where they go in through your femoral artery and shoot these little beads into the veins that feed the blood sucking fibroids. It cuts off there blood supply and they are supposed to shrink and lay dorment. It has a very high success rate. Then about 3-4wks later, I had this hemmorhoid surgery, which was by far the most pain I have ever been in, in my entire life!
So, I'm just wondering if maybe I'm so tired because while I was on the pain meds, I had a false sense of energy and going off of them is just the true reality of how tired my body is from all the trauma it's been through.
What are your thoughts? Hugs for all the support you give people-Wendy

3lovelykiddos, I'm thinking of you and praying for your healing :-) Hugs-Wendy

Hi Wendy,
It seams to me that you have been through a lot in these last few months. And it is not easy to take all this. My opinion is that your body is fighting will all it got. And it is tired. This is lasting long. So give it a rest as much as you can. Don't give up and just look straight a head.
All the best.

Wendy, Hi hon... thank you for all your prayers... I go for my first post op check up on this second surgery I had tomorrow, so I'll let you know what the doctor says... I'm really sorry everything you have had to go through... I did not realize the other problems you were having along with the hemorrhoids... I will keep you in my prayers as well... I too have had a few bad days... I take those laxatives, stool softners and one day, I'll be sick to my stomach cramping and going to the bathroom nonstop, then like today, there's nothing.. and yesterday, it was a hard BM and I told my husband it felt like I ripped something again... Hopefully I did not do any damage... but I do know how you feel about not going regular every day. I never have been like that either... My body just breaks things down slower than other people I guess? I still have to take pain meds but not as often... because of the burning pain and the spasms I have... I sure hope you get to feeling better real soon though... Lots of hugs to you!! Also, why will you have skin tags? I read that you said you have them or will develop them? Just wondering? I don't know what that is... I've read that people have got them but I don't know much about them? Will you have to have another surgery to remove them? Ugh, I hope not! >:(

Dark Red, my buddy.... You know you have been a great supporter to me and a friend! I know you did not have this surgery but you've been so thoughtful and kind to think of others who have gone through this terrible surgery and the awful recovery process.... I know I found this forum for a reason and you were there for me from the beginning... so I truly from the heart want to thank you!!!!! Lots of Hugs to you.. ;-) .. I'll keep you posted about tomorrow, July 29th... I have my 2nd week first post op appt for this second surgery tomorrow...

3lovelykiddos, yes please do let me know how your appointment goes! I'm so thankful that I have you and Darkred to talk to. It has helped so very much.
I have gone my second day without painkillers during the day, but I'm still taking them at night. I seem to to do okay for the day and then I take a nap(so tired!) and then I'm up again doing things slowly, lot's of sitting. The spasms start in the evening after being up all day, I guess, but they are not, by far, the intensity they used to be. So I take a bath and take the painkillers.
I'm sorry to hear you had a hard bm, I really hope you didn't hurt anything, maybe you will find out tomorrow? I suppose that's questionable though, because I have been to the doc twice now since surgery and she never peeked inside (Praise God!).
I'm really having trouble figuring out what to take to produce bowel movements. I took the Mirilax on Sat. and nothing. Sunday I took it again and nothing. So then I took the only thing that's worked so far and that's Wallgreens oral phosphate enema. I took that Sunday evening and had a loose stool that just stung a little (without any pain meds, so I know I'm recovering!). I don't think these are the best thing to take on a daily basis though, so on Monday I took more Mirilax. Once again, know Bm today. I will it again tomorrow and if I still don't go by Thursday, I will ask the doc what I was given in the hospital. Whatever it was, it gave me a horrible stomach ache, but it produced a bowel movement within hours. I will keep you posted when I find out.
Now about those skin tags.....Let's see, how to describe them. Well remember when I told you I ripped some stitches out? Okay, so I had this swelling all around my ahem that were like inflated hemorrhiods. As these "deflated" (the swelling going down), what's left is loose skin from ripping the stitches out. So skin tags all around my ahem are like deflated hemorrhoids.
They HAVE to go! They're ugly and very bad for hygeine. My doc says she will cut them away. I have to wait until I'm totally healed first. She said it won't be as bad, but as you and I both now, when we have a bm, our ahems will need to stretch and I'm wondering just how painful that will be!

My next milestone right now is passing a NORMAL bm without pain. I think this is the most humbling surgery ever, don't you? Thank you, hun, for listening. I'll be looking forward to hearing how your appointment went.

DarkRed, what brought you to this website in the first place? Just curious, but I'm sure happy you found us! Thanks again

Hugs to you both-Wendy

By the way, how old are your children and what state do you live in? Hugs, Wendy

Hi 3lovelykiddos and Wendy,
Thank you for the hugs 3lk, I really appreciate them. They mean a lot to me, knowing that I was able to help in any way. I hope your check up will be good and that we will receive good news here. :-)
Wendy, I like to ride a bicycle and I was searching for this connected with foods and diet. And I found this site. I was always interested in health, but never could really do any, I don't like blood too much. :$
So one post lead to another I spread my self all over this site and now it's my regular thing to do. :-) I receive notifications and just try to reply to everyone of them.
Did you visit some of other topics and forums or you are just here at Hemorrhoids section?

Hi Darkred, you are most welcome for the hugs. You are so appreciated. You and 3lovelykiddos are actually my first Internet friends. I feel sincerely blessed by your friendship.
I came to this site looking for other people going through the hemorrhoid surgery because I felt so alone. No one in my family or friends have gone through it and so, I don't know, I just needed to talk with others that would understand. It's not so easy to talk about such humbling parts and what I'm going through. Also, since I have had so many procedures done in so little time, It has kind of been all that's been on my plate and I feel as though no one wants to hear what's going on with me anymore. Now I somewhat understand what people with chronic illness must be going through.
My husband yelled at me and humiliated me for no reason yesterday and I went to bed crying and woke up crying. It's like he doesn't care that I'm still trying to heal and yelling at me isn't very helpful. He says he loves me, but it makes me wonder at times like this.

Anyways, I have answered a couple other posts, but no one replied to me. Two years ago, I was very much into my health and I hope to resume that, but I don't seem to have the will or energy right now. Two years ago, I was in fairly good shape. I had a gym membership and loved two play racket ball. I had a personal trainer that I hired to teach me how to lift weights properly too. I started jogging as well, but only on the tread for a couple miles. My husband ownes his own audio business and I was able to assist in loading and unloading large concert gear from our truck.
Then, I got pregnant, miscarried and got rear ended, which put me in three months of therapy and then the fibroids and hemorrhoids got out of control. So now I have about 20 pounds to loose and no energy to do it.
I bought the WII game system before the hem surgery, because I thought playing would be the best way to start out. I was only able to do five minute cardio workouts, but it was a start. Now I'm back to square one.
So maybe we can keep talking about diet and work outs and stay in touch through that discussion board as soon as I recover a little more? I would really like that. Maybe you would have fun seeing my progress and the good Lord knows I could use all the encouragement I could get.
You said that health has always interested you, but you don't like blood? What about the possibility of becoming a physical therapist?
When I was younger, I became a certified EMT, but I'm the same as you about blood and found that career wasn't a good fit.
Well, I have a doctors appointment tomorrow so I will talk to you soon, but I would love to start talking about diet and exercise with you. Maybe I'll start talking to you on that forum as well? Once again, hugs to you-Wendy

3loveykiddos, how did your doctor appointment go? I'm looking forward to hearing from you soon! I really hope you're on the mend, but if not, I have a soft shoulder to cry on. Hugs to you too-Wendy

Wow pretty great post you have written here. Well my to be honest never considered to become physical therapist. I don't know way actually.
It is not very nice from your husband to do that to you. You are going through a lot and he of all people should know that. Even if he got stressed at work you should not be the one that he yells to.
It is very hard when you are alone and don't have anybody to talk to about specific problem. That's why I like this. Everybody can come and ask for help or advice. And there is so many people here. You can learn a lot.
Well good luck with your appointment tomorrow. Tell us how it went.
All the best Wendy.

Hi Wendy and Dark Red.. I'm sorry you had a bad day the other day... I'm still praying for you though... I had a bad day yesterday after I came home from the doctor's office... He is not a very compassionate doctor at all... A friend of mine, actually stopped going to this surgeon because of his rude bed side manners.... I came home in tears last night as well.... The doctor treated me so badly and I just was is shock and really could not say or do anything while I was in the room trying to pull my pants up as he hurries out of the room! I was concerened because Monday I had a hard BM and I felt like I tore something again, and I have had some blood come out of me vaginally and no I'm not on my period or preggo... He just ignores it and tells me that I need to just do my sitz baths, take less pain meds and I'll just either have to live with it or deal with it... I can't remember which he said... When he examined me, he just quickly (he's always in such a freakin hurry) spread my butt cheeks apart and said "well your fistula looks like its healing", ... I never even had a fistula!!!! It was a Fissure I got from my hemorrhoidectomy from 7 weeks prior.. Is he nuts? He basically made me feel like its my fault he had to do two surgeries on me and its my fault, I'm not healing properly and as quickly as others do and that he was happy my surgery was done and over with and he can't wait to get rid of me! I have never felt so alone and depressed and upset at any doctor or surgeon before in my lifetime.. I'm an adult woman with 3 children and a husband and this doctor made me feel like I was a 12 year old girl, not following any of my recovery procedures.... I have done everything in my power and then some to make myself well... I have been in the most pain of my life for the past 2 months, now I'm still trying to heal from a second surgery that I should of NEVER of had to have... and I'm the one being punished... I'm so upset right now, I don't know what to do? He wants to see me again in 4 weeks I guess... I will ask for a copy of my records thats for sure.. and trust me, I don't want to see him anymore than he wants to see me! I think I should write a letter to this surgeon when this is all and done with but I really don't think it will matter... He's like this to everyone I suppose... The nurses, etc... they all know how he is... He does not treat anyone of his patients as a human beings.. I felt like a dog that was kicked around in a corner of the room... So I guess the good news is, is that I'm healing from this second surgery and I can maybe go back to work in 2 or 3 weeks..... I think I may go see my OBGYN (wonderful doctor) to see if I completely healed from these 2 surgeries I've had... He does a very good examination and he takes the time to listen and answer any questions I may have.... I just can't believe that there are surgeons out there and doctors and nurses that can literally treat people badly and get away with it! All I can say is, what goes around, comes around right? So again, thank you for all your prayers and being good friends to me.... Hugs to you both!

3lovelykiddos,
Oh sweetie, I'm so sorry that you were treated like that. I want you to know, that I petitioned God on your behalf before writing this letter and that I have tears in my eyes for you as I write this. This surgury is not only painful, its embarrassing as well, and if doctors are'nt careful, they can humilitate us.
I would DEFINITELY go see your nice OBgyn AS SOON AS POSSIBLE! Are you still bleeding vaginially today? Is it in between periods and how much are you bleeding?
You have done nothing wrong, this is a very slow process for more people than we probably suspect. I have'nt even had two surgeries (in that area), just one and I'm still swollen, still taking the laxatives, sitz baths and rubbing an anti-inflamatory in that area. And my goodness am I TIRED! My doctor today, (I have a sweetie w/little fingers LOL) said I'm comming along, its just going to keep taking time. Then she clipped another stitch that ripped. I don't have to go back now until I'm ready to get the skin tags taken care of. This is another procedure done in the hospital and I'm sure it won't be pleasant! I sure hope you and dark red are around to help me through that one too, but I have to give my body a break first.
I would say to find another surgeon, but lots of times other surgeons don't like to have anything to do with someone elses "work". Still, it may be worth checking into. I sure wouldn't want to go back to him!
Hugs and prayers for you, hun, it will get better! -Wendy

Dark red, My husband left me a Caribou Coffee gift card for me today. That was nice. He's normally such a nice guy, except when it comes to me working with him in his business. So today I quit. Wow, that felt great. Problem solved. Hope your having a great day! Hugs-Wendy

Wendy, I'm in a lot of pain right now.. I just had a bad BM and I'm bleeding and it hurts so bad on the left side of my anus... before the pain was on the right side (this is how I knew I had a fissure) and the doctor did not listen to me my first post op check up which was 4 weeks later after the hemorrhoidectomy, I told him I thought I got a fissure and he just spreads my cheeks apart and said, "No, you are just healing slowly", it was was second post op visit which was 3 weeks later, he finally was able to see where I tore and had been in severe pain from... so then he did surgery on me 2 weeks ago for the fissure (on the right side) and I told him yesterday that my left side burns and hurts and thats when he just hurries up and says "No your fistuala is fine"... I think he's loosing his mind? So needless to say, my husband is upset and so am I because I'm in so much pain.... Yes this doctor really knows how to humilate a person thats for sure. And he makes people feel like they don't know anything... Um, hello, its my body, I think I know if something is not normal????? I think maybe he is just getting too old and has no patience for his patients anymore... I pray for him, I do.. I'm a Christian and I don't wish nothing bad on anyone but really this surgeon needs to think and calm himself down before he speaks and does his actions.... I'm not looking forward to going back to see him in 4 weeks but I have to since he did the surgery I guess? Yes you are right, some surgeons don't want to take on a case that has already been taken.. But out of the health of myself and my safety, I'm starting to worry! I also still do my laxatives, stool softners, sitz baths, eat fiber till I die... but come on, a person can only go through so much pain for so long right? I look pathetic... I'm a small person anyways and I've lost 10 pounds, I'm always weak and tired as you described... Sheesh, when will I get back to my old self???? Ok, I'm done now.. sheww, I feel better, thanks for listening.... Ok, no I'm not bleeding anymore from the vaginal area... I did a few days ago and I was on my period 2 weeks ago during the second surgery, so I don't know why I had blood there for? But its gone...

I'm also sorry about your hubby yelling at you! You are right, even if he has a bad day, you should not be the target right now or really anytime! I'm also sorry about your miscarriage and your accident.... I will truly pray for you... thank you for being such a wonderful, kind person that you are! I'm glad I met you!! I wish there was a way we could switch emails but I don't think we are allowed through this forum? I hope you get to feeling better too..... really I do! Lots of lots of lots of hugs to you!!! :-D

Darkred, you are my buddy too.. so thank you for everything you have helped me with... Just being someone there to listen and not judge me is what I needed and still need and you have been great!!!! Lots of Hugs to you too... :-)

DarkRed, just to let you know... If you ever need anyone to talk to, I'm here for you! Just thought I'd let you know that... Lots of Hugs ;-)

Hah wow, what a busy day for you! How long have the two of you been working together? And how long have you two been married?

3lovelykiddos, I am so sorry you are in pain! If it gets anyworse, you should go to the ER. If you do this, then someone ELSE will have to check you out. I would really, really highly recommend this. Like you said, you know your own body and you may be right about it being another fissure. When I was in a lot of pain and the percecets and valium were'nt working, I went to the ER. They sent me home with some other narcotics and told me to come back if the pain was still bad and they would check me in for pain control. I know I already told about this experience in an earlier post, but I just wanted you to know another option than calling a doctor in the morning that's not giving you the time of day! When I went back to the hospital and got admitted for pain control, I was checked out by another doctor from the same clinic as my rectal surgeon works at. This way you could get checked as soon as possible. Seriously, girl, I'm truly worried.
If you continue to bleed and/or in so much pain that the narcotics are not working, you need to get this checked out asap, because somethings not right.
I agree we need to pray for this man, because if we don't who will. %-)
Please let me know how your feeling.
I'm still trying to figure out what will produce normal bowels for me, or any bowels for that matter. I have'nt gone since Monday and I took the dreaded seneka about 4hrs ago and I'm really cramping up! I'm scared of the "out come"! o.O
Talk to you soon, unless you go to the ER, which I wish you'd do cuz I'm worried :-( !
Prayers and hugs-Wendy