my story.. me and my fiancee have been ttc and i started my periods on the 29th march and finished on the 5th april, so i ovulated exactly 2weeks after i finished, makes it the 19th of april 2011. we had sex every other day from when i finished until a couple of days before i was due my next period which was the 26th of april as i have a regular period.. i had symptoms such as- headaches, feeling sick (only been sick the once tiny bit) cramps in stomach lower and shooting pains like sharp?? backache moodyness tiredness, peeing more, and so on so i took a test and 4 of them negative and 1 positive? the positive one was negative until the nest day then turned positive, faint line but can see it.. (this had happened to a family member & shes now 4months pregnant) we are both confused about this.. i started bleeding on the 3rd day of missed period (29th april was pretty heavy which lasted max 15mins) i then went to the toilet and there was just a little bit like spotting?? its a reddish.pinkish in colour.. i am scared to take another pregnancy test as i am not wanting to get let down.. so i have decided to wait until this "spotting" has stopped to test again. i will keep it updated with the outcome. but to try and settle both me and my fiancee minds can somebody that has experienced this or know anyone please let me know so we can stop worrying so much? would help us alot. i have researched but not came across anthing such like this, please help??

thankyou! 

Hi Kayls,

I would consider all your tests to be negative.  Despite what happened to the family member, it does not matter what the test says the next day.  You also say it is faint.  Follow all directions on the test carefully, especially times.  It should be clear, YES or NO, not maybe.

Don't be afraid to retest.  If you think it was positive before then it should be positive now.  The hCG levels would be increasing daily.
I know you don't want to be let down, but wouldn't you like to know for sure?

Good luck.

Hi medic-dan

Thank you for a reply. I am just going to wait until this bleeding stops as i do "feel pregnant" but when i take the test i will be sure to post again to let you know the outcome. I was over the moon when the test said positive then researched and seen some people say do not look at the test after the time it says and then some girls say they left in for a few hours and they are actually pregnant now. The reason i am so confused about all this is because as i say one of my family member left the test sitting for a day and shes pregnant. I have also spoke to my cousin and asked her, her experience on how she knew she was pregnant and she still had her period which wasnt any lighter nor shorter than usual. I just wanted other peoples opinions on my story here, So thank you for your reply. I think this bleeding may be stopping very soon. Where as it does it is shorter than my normal. I will make sure i write what comes out of this test and i will be going to see my GP on tuesday/wednesday.

Thank you again

hi kayls,

i noticed you are trying for a baby and that with the things you are saying it sounds like you are not pregnant at the moment but as you are trying i will happily give you some tips..

try having regular intercourse with your fiancée and try not to stress find out when you are ovulating and have intercourse more than usual tis is what Ive done with my wife and we have now got 2 children ask your fiancée to give up any habits he has such as drinking ect.. if you have discharge during ovulation do not lubricate as the discharge is already a lubricant and eating healthily also increases your chances i cant really think of many more as regular intercourse is actually the only thing can increase your chances if you think you may not ovulate this time it doesn't mean you wont as nobody really knows if they are going to ovulate unless they use and ovulation pack which can be bought at any pharmacy best of luck to you and your fiancée.

baby dust to you, Sophia.

Ive had this same problem and Im trying to find an answer! I tested positive with clear blue 3 days ago(already late 2 days) then took one the next morning and every morning since and they all say negative now. I am soo confused and I still havent gotten my period. Not sure what to do next but wait a week and retest