Hello everybody.  This is my first time posting anything, anywhere so please bear with me.. Lol!

I recently had a miscarriage about 4 weeks ago.  I was measured at 6.5 weeks along but miscarried at about 10 weeks.  When I went to my physician after the miscarriage he had me take another preggers test and it still showed possitive.  He stated that a possitive test either means that I only partially miscarried and will need a D&C or simply that my hormone levels have not dropped all the way down.  Since then I have had to get a blood test done every week for 3 weeks. Everytime it still shows possitive but the doctor says to wait another week to see if my hormones drop.  He's keeps putting it off and putting it off and now I'm starting to worry about things like infection or endometriosis... I have not got my period, my levels are still barely high enough to show possitive, and I'm growing more and more paranoid.  If I get a nasty infection or something that could possibly hinder my ability to ever have children!  I'm freakin' out!  Should I be concerned?  Any thoughts???

Thanks,

Jeni

Hi Jeni,

It is VERY COMMON to test positive on a pregnancy test, whether blood or urine, after a miscarriage.  It does take time for the levels to drop.  It can also take time for your period to restart.

The doctor should be doing blood work and noting the level of hCG in your blood.  Is it dropping?

Yes, if tissue remains, you could develop an infection and it could impact your fertility.  Discuss your concerns with the doctor.  If you are not satisfied, get a second opinion.

Hope it helps.