My 12 years old son had surgery to remove his tonsils almost 2 months ago but now I am concerned for his latest symptoms including fever, chills, night sweats and he also started loosing weight and he started complaining over the muscle and joints pain so I remember reading something about endocarditis and am wondering now about these symptoms -is it endocarditis? Thanks much!

It could easily be endocarditis related especially regarding the fact he had that tonsils surgery removed for it is actually about infection of the inner heart lining that is usually caused by some bacteria and anyway I suggest you check this out for if it is endocarditis about it should be treated right away otherwise it could destroy his heart valves provoking some even life–threatening condition. Anyway I think blood test is usually enough to determine whether is it about endocarditis-common sign is decreased number of healthy red blood cells –but also you may ask some echocardiogram to be done just to check this out.

I definetly think its a good chance that it is endocarditis! I had it, and had the same symptoms....best of luck !