A friend had a partial colectomy for diverticulitis on a Friday, 2 days after the surgery he was recovering normally. Then on the 3rd day his BP went up(never had any trouble with BP) , his heart rate was elevated and started running a fever. He had emergency surgery on the 4th day, and it was found that there was a tear in the sutures. He has gone downhill ever since. He has been running HIGH Fevers, low heart rate, put on dialisis. The Drs are telling his wife, the only thing they can do is wait, but it doesnt look good. All kinds of specialists have been called in and no one knows what to do. What can be down to help?

I am soooo sorry to hear about his. I hope you and his wife have a good support system. I hope that by now, he is doing better, please let us know. The only answer, if you have not already done so, is to continue looking for a specialist. Get on line, there is someone who is an absolute expert in this area. Don't stay with the local people. Contact a teaching hospital that is known for work in this area. The local guys may not even make this suggestion because they are probably a bit nervous about the results of their work. Keep searching, you will find the right person. Please let us know what has occurred since this original post.