I had colon cancer 3 years ago and had 80% of my colon removed. In addition to that my body has a disease called FAP (its when my body produces polyps at a fast pace). When undetected. they can turn straight to cancer. So i do have to go for colonoscopys and upper endoscopys every 6-12 months.
My question is would pregnancy be out of the question for me with my extensive medical history? My husband and I need advice on this subject. I dont want to make a decision that will affect me or an unborn child.

was diagnosed with FAP 3 years ago. I had a total colectomy and temporary ileostomy in march of this year. I have a 3 year old (I became pregnant before I was diagnosed) and I am thinking of having another child. I feel that if you want to have children, then do so. If you are concerned with your medical history, you can always consult a genetic counselor. Also, the medical field has come so far, there may be ways to detect and isolate the gene that causes FAP. I wish you the best of luck!

Christina

I do not have FAP but have some type of polyposis. Many polyps throughout the colon and most are defined to patches. Polyps are the "pre-cancerous" kind and the Dr. wants to do a total colon removal. Talked like he could do it laparoscopicly instead of having 2 surgeries with an temp. bag. Still trying the Hallelujah diet and going to a wellness center and taking numerous supplements for healing. Undecided on what to do about the surgery since there are many changes that comes with total colon removal.

Please let me know if anyone has had any healing from diet changes etc.

Thanks,
Kezia