Hi. My husband has had a colectomy a year ago. At the time he was diagnosed with colon cancer he didn't have anyone to take care of him or help him out. Now, I’m here with him to help him out and support him but I do not have any knowledge on how to care for this for the next few years. I worry about him because he tells me he never feels 100% the same, which is, of course, understandable, but I think his diet should help him a lot. I’m also worried because he doesn't eat anything particularly healthy and I think he should. I would really appreciate any help and idea because I really have no idea… Thanks a lot…

I know doctors are expensive but your husband needs a thorough physical examination. This is very important because your husband needs to get diet advice from a physician. Diet really depends on your husband’s weight, any other health problems, what type of surgery he had, what kind of anesthesia he had during the surgery… There are many important things that determine which diet is the right one so I think you should see a specialist for it.

My daughter age 23 had a total colectomy 1 yr ago. It was removed do to not operating properly . She was in severe pain for days unabel to have a bowel movement for up to 12 days. Since the operaion She has had complications related to severe cramping/constapation. She been rushed to the hospital many times, they thought she may have ulceres but nothing showed up in the tests. As a young adult she likes to have a good time and keep up with her fellow girl friends when partying. But she pays for it for days. I need your help I'm concerned that she may have to go on a bag if this continues. How do I find information that will motivate her to change her diet/life style. I feel she has too chage her diet or pay severly.

Need help
Thanks