I have a swollen gland on the side of my neck behind my left ear. It it not like a usual swollen gland either. Usually when you get sick, your gland gets filled with infectious fluid, giving it a squishy feeling, but this one is a hard ball and is tender to the touch. I didn't notice it until I went to rub my neck because it was sore. I also have a plugged up ear. I heard a pop in my right ear earlier today followed by a ringing sound and it has felt plugged up ever since. I have had a cold recently but that doesn't explain the hard lump. Any ideas as to why it is hard or why my ear plugged up after the popping noise?

Not saying that it is the same situation, but a family member of mine was just diagnosed with Lymphoma.  It began with a lump behind her ear.  She has had breast cancer twice and was cancer free going on 15 years.  I wouldn't waste any time and go see a doctor ASAP.  Best wishes.