Hi. I'm a 19 yr old female. I've recently gotten pretty sick to the point where it's been ruining my quality of life. Anyways, here it goes... I've started getting these stomach aches that come on very randomly.. the best way to explain it is if all my organs contracted at the same time and pushed together and then pushed back out. I have never had pain like it. It's not helped with going to the bathroom or anything and isn't followed by an urge to have a BM. Anyways, I've been tested for many things and have had my colon and stomach scoped (inflammation in colon but no chrons or colitis and clean sotmach but a small hiatial hernia). The doctor said that there is swelling so somethings happening, we jsut don't know what. I also recently became anemic.. they don't know where thats from either but it is iron deficiency. I eat a ton of meat (red and white). I started taking iron pills which have defeinitely helped me feel less lightheaded, but now I'm getting dizzy again.. I'll be walking and then hear a woosh sound and I get kind of cloudy and feel as if I'm kind of shutting down... then I start twitching. Also, I have shingles. I know something is going on and it's not in my head because you can't cause shingles yourself and anemia. I'd just love a jumping point to talk to doctors about because I feel like I'm getting nowhere and doctors think I'm crazy or something.. It's scary when the dizziness happens. I also get very nauseous when I'm hungry, have lost about 10-15 pounds, have been eating a lot and recently (the past 2 days) have been having an urge to urinate... 2 days ago it was bad, yesterday it was back to normal and then back to bad today. Two days ago my dizziness was also at a new high. I've had some pressure with that urge (oh and nothing really comes out). Let me know what you think.. here are some other facts.

- Clear CT Scan of Abdomen and Pelvis - But a cloudy spot in my lung from a recent episode of pneumonia
- CT of Brain/Neck showed cyst in a maxillary sinus

Let me know if anyone has anything similar to this or any idea of what's going on... Thanks for your help.

Tevon

Woh. I'm sorry to hear you're having so many issues. That sounds like it must be hell to try and live through.
I'm also 19/male but I've had some kind of burning attacks in my stomach area (esophagus) I went to the local clinic and got checked out. They said everything is fine. No infections, nothing bad on the x-rays, and no other issues they could see. I've been having sharp pains in my ribcage along with tightening muscles on the bottom of my rib cage. It's also come with a bit of dizzyness and spaced out feelings. It's probably my stress from the new job, plus anxiety, plus heartburn but it's SUPER annoying and freaking me out. I feel like c**p less and less though. I seem to have found the "cure" or at least something that is helping my heartburn and causing all of my other symptoms to come less and less everyday. Oh, and my bowels were going crazy too. I would feel stuff moving around and felt like my intestines were high five'ing in there making so much noise.. I'm not one for prescription drugs so I quickly changed my diet. I started eating more organic raw foods, while snacking on celery, apple, and pretty much anything else I could get my hands on that was healthy - avoiding Soy products as they are actually bad for you if you research it.. I started exercising by buying a bike and riding to work everyday. 15 minutes there, 15 minutes back. I also started taking Apple Cider Vinegar deluded in water which helped TREMENDOUSLY with my heartburn and has almost completely cleared up my stomach/pains in chest. I also started to notice I was pale a lot. This quickly cleared up too which some of the life style changes. Which I mostly think were caused by the apple cider vinegar to tell you the truth. I'm about 6'4 155 pounds and have been 155 for a looooooooong time. I gained about 7 pounds and filled all of my - you're going to love this - bean poleish areas. Hehe.

I know my story is nothing like yours but I stress to you the importance of taking care of your body. You need to trust that the human body can naturally fight off viruses and heal itself (with a little help from some natural organic foods with vitamins). I would suggest a drastic lifestyle change. Try some of the things I did like apple cider vinegar (MUST BE DELUDED) and snacking on healthy vegetables all day. Exercise is key too. Also, stress and anxiety. Those two need to STOP if you can.

Also, about drugs the doctors are giving you..
Those drugs are trying to fix the problem with your body instead of helping your body heal its self. I hate that. Those drug companies just want to make money off of you and that's it. You'll get about 5 more problems by covering up that one.

I have been experiencing many of these same symptoms... abdominal pain/spasms, dizziness, anemia, weight loss. I have not had any luck with getting a diagnosis from the doctor, and I know how hard it can be to have these symptoms without any answers. One thing stood out to me in your description of your symptoms. Your descriptions of sharp pains in your ribs and of the expanding/contracting sensation sound similar to something called a "multiple sclerosis hug." I'm afraid I'm just learning about this symptoms myself, so I can't give you much more information. But if you do an internet search under "multiple sclerosis hug" you'll find plenty of descriptions of this, and you can decide for yourself if this sounds like what you are experiencing. Or talk to your doctor, of course. But then again, your doctor may not be familiar with this symptom (*sigh*). One more thing -- I struggled all last year with these symptoms, and discovered that sticking to a gluten free diet greatly allieviated my symptoms (Gluten intolerance and auto-immune symptoms/disorders are greatly linked).
J.

Please please please go to the doctor and get tested for celiac, thats what it sounds like. The disease sucks but it willlmake you feel SOOO MUCH BETTER

Did you find an answer to your concerns? I have the same symptoms (including the "whoosing"). All pretty much sudden onset. (I've been very healthy all of my life so this is all new to me.)

I have the same things except not the hernia or anything. The organs contracting and the dizziness. What's wrong with me? When I eat, I instantly wanna throw it back up. I'm not anorexic and don't have an eating disorder. I got it a few weeks ago. I'm thirteen.... Make it stop please!!!!!!!!

I had similar problems at your age. It turned out that I had a problem with my esophageal and stomach muscles not contracting to move the food I was eating through my digestive system causing the food to sit, rot and back up in my stomach and esophagus . I had to get an endoscopy and other tests to find the problem. I took meds for about a year, weaned off of them, changed to a vegetarian diet and have been fine since. That was almost 20 years ago. Go see a specialist. A regular doctor won't be able to help you.