often diverticulitis is inflammed by nuts seeds and corn. diverticulits is little pockets in the colon (caused by constipation). These pockets get stool (poop) caught in them and it causes pain and inflamation. the best thing is to take acidophilos or eat natural yogurt on a daily basis and drink lots of water. Eat nuts and seeds in small doses. Also aloevera juice can sooth an irritated bowel. speak to a natural health vendor or practioner.

GOOD LUCK

I am 26 and I've been getting these since I was about 16. They can be very excruciating and I can't imagine something hurting more. I have passed out, I get very weak and dizzy, I sweat bullets, get very white, and cold and clammy.

Eating too many nuts very much makes this worse.
Junk food makes me get an attack.
too much coffee.
not enough water.

If i'm exercising regularly I will not get attacks often.

When I get them during the day it's not bad because I can just concentrate on relaxing and they go away.
It's when I wake up in the night with them that they get very bad.

Last night I was having a very horrible long attack.
I figured out something that works, Fill the bath tub up with hot water and soak. It very much helped me. I was so surprised.
When I get them very bad my stomach and everything just hurts so much, the hot water must have worked to relax it.

Hope this helps, Thanks.

Hi Everyone,
I have the same symptoms that everyone here is talking about. Extreme sudden pain, passing out, it usually subsides within 20 to 40 minutes. I feel much better reading these posts because I thought I was the only one. I just found something online that I thought might be helpful. It seems this condition is called Proctalgia Fugax. Basically, it's a cramp in the rectal muscles. Good news is that it's not anything serious - it's actually fairly common. Most people don't go to the doctor because they are embarrassed or don't want to deal with tests. The bad news is that there isn't really a straight-forward cause and thus there really aren't any treatment options. You're best course of action is to lay down, try to relax and maybe take a warm bath. Here is some more info on it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proctalgia_fugax

I'm 17 and I first starting feeling this way around 16. But I get it EVERY month :/ and it last all day. Sometimes 2, and I almost ALWAYS pass out. Has anyone found anything for this? A cause or maybe a cure. It causes me to miss a lot of school. and I just want it to be over :-(

I'm so sick of it. I'm a 32 year old male who is 6'6" and 190lbs. This pain takes me into like a coma mode, passing out, fighting for my life, and you know what, the only thing that stops it is to reach for the NEXIUM bottle, take one, and clench a cold wash rag. :'( HOW EMBARASSING - I'm on SSI because the ER thought that I was Skitzophrenic with anxiety disorders and I even missed X-mas that year in 2001. Now I'm just so confused and yeah, I do have G.E.R.D. and have had an upper GI (throat opened/scanned) and a colonoscopy in which there was nothing to be seen abnormal at all. I saw the pictures, so I guess I believe the Dr. (Dr. Mehta aka Freeport, IL) G.E.R.D. is GastroEsophagealRefluxDisease by the way.

Oh I'm sorry. This JUST HAPPENED TO ME LAST NIGHT!!!

Many of you should read this thread: https://www.steadyhealth.com/occasional_short_bouts_of_itchy_hands_and_feet__dizziness__palpatations__fainting__nausea_t186287.html

Let's try that again:
https://www.steadyhealth.com/occasional_short_bouts_of_itchy_hands_and_
feet__dizziness__palpatations__fainting__nausea_t186287.html

Wow, I thought I was the only one with these weird experiences. My experiences have been going on now for 20 years but are few and far between and seem to have no rhyme or reason. The latest was last night. I woke up in the middle of the night with major gas pains and ran down stairs to the bathroom. I feel extremely hot to the point if I don't get cooled off immediately I could pass out. I get so weak that I can't sit up on the pot to even go, knowing if I don't go I won't get any relief. Usually after getting into the cold tub and several attempts to go to the bathroom i feel fine and can go back to bed. I would love to know what causes these episodes and if anyone could offer some insight I would appreciate it.

Ever since I had my gall bladder out, my colon has been spastic, it occurs maybe once a month. Within the past 2 months, I have had 2 extreme episodes. Each, I thought was food poisoning. The last episode was the worst ever. I was at a clothing store and went to their restroom. My stomach went into spasms, like labor contractions. Extreme pain, clammy, sweaty, trying to maintain a steady rhythm of breathing to control pain. I don't pass anything. But it's like it all comes on and then nothing, a couple times I thought I was going to vomit, but didn't. After an hour and 7 or so episodes later, I called 911 and was taken to the ER. This was about 6:30, then around 11, and several non productive trips later, I finally had some diarrhea. It was terrible, the pain was an 11 and a 6 in between the spasms. I almost feel over several times. My husband met me at the hospital and caught me so I didn't fall. A cold wash cloth on my forehead eased the weird weak feeling some. Finally received fenegren, fluids and a bentyl for the spasms. I needed that hours ago! But was happy to finally get something. 2 days later, I'm still a little light headed and weak.

Have any of you ever had any bleeding with these episodes? I have had something very similar, a lot of pain, clammy, shaky, vomiting, almost passing out and then it passes. The last time it happened (I have only had it twice), it happened in the middle of the night and when it passed I went to sleep, only to wake up having to go to the bathroom, no pain, and passing a little blood. Went to the ER, not knowing what it was and the gastroenterologist said ffrom the symptoms (pain, clamminess, vomiting which happens because of low blood pressure) it was ischemic cholitis and did a colonoscopy right there to confirm. The low blood pressure causes lack of flow of blood to the colon. I was in the hospital overnight with iv fluids and have never had it again. No medicine for it. The nurses gave me a diet for high fiber which made me very crampy and uncomfortable, as I was not doing it correctly. Went back to the gastroenterologist who told me to forget about the diet and just eat whatever I wanted. I have been OK for 4 years. This last month I have had some slight cramping and a little constipation. If it does not solve itself on its own I will go back to the gastro, even though the cramping is not bad at all and goes away with a bm. He never said he found diverticula, but I am thinking I may have some. Trying a low residue diet which may not help with slight constipation, but would help with the diverticulitis.

I had this also. I woke up about 6:30 with lower pain in my belly. I just thought it was a big poo, I went to the toilet and passed nothing, so I went back to bed, but then the pain got unbearable, i never felt pain like it, so i want to the toilet to try again, I felt so weak and dropped to my knees, then I passed out. I woke up and the pain had gone, and the paramedics was there, I went to hospital and they did the same, Pressed my belly took blood etc, and found nothing. I was whiter than white and weak all day. This was about 3 month ago but today iv had slight pain in the same area and though id look this up online. The interesting thing is I had a small amount of nuts before I went to bed last night. I carnt say if i did the time i passed out it was far to long ago to remember if i eat nuts but ill deffantly avoid them now just incase. Thank you!

I have experienced several episodes just like all of yours.  I haven't been able to link it to a particular time of day because the pain has awoken me from a sound sleep in the middle of the night, as well as just after breakfast, and once after dinner.  What I can say is that the few times it woke me out of a dead sleep, I had eaten shortly before bed so clearly eating had something to do with it.  

However, I cannot link it to any specific foods - personally, I think it has more to do with the contents or consistency of the food, in my case. For instance, once it occurred after I ate pasta with a homemade vodka sauce at an Italian restaurant. I think the richness of the sauce did it or maybe the use of heavy cream.  Once it occurred after I ate some baby carrots with ranch dressing for dip.  Once it occurred after I ate scrambled eggs w/onion and cheddar cheese.  On their own, it's understandable that I might experience these issues - they all have dairy in common or something rich and creamy which could be to blame.  Interesting thing is, I eat vodka sauce and ranch dressing all the time.  And I had eaten that same scrambled egg breakfast every morning that week - only on the fourth morning did I have that reaction.  I never ingested nuts or seeds before an episode. In the end, your guess is as good as mine.  

The pain is sudden and excruciating!  Sometimes it is accompanied by a bowel movement or diarrhea.  All the other times it feels like I have to but nothing happens.  I get weak, I shake, I break out into cold sweats, all the blood drains from my face, and my eyesight gets fuzzy like I'm about to pass out (I often have to remove my clothes, too).  I've only actually passed out twice - both times on the toilet.  The other times, I just felt like I was going to.  The unbearable pain focuses anywhere from under the left side of my ribcage to the pit of my stomach.  I just grab onto something and literally pray to God.  Numerous times I've considered yelling for my boyfriend to call the hospital because I really thought I was going to die right there.  I've never felt such pain.

I've researched all of the ailments suggested on this website and a few others - while dumping syndrome's symptoms are spot on, they seem to be related (most of the time) to people who have had stomach surgery.  In any event, even if it didn't relate to surgery, research suggests the occurrences are much more frequent than what most people in this thread have described.  So ruling that out, the closest match to my symptoms is Splenic Flexure Syndrome.  This is caused when gas and stool are trapped and have difficulty passing through the splenic-flexure curve of the colon.  The pain associated with it is described as sometimes excruciating and debilitating.  This is the most accurate to my experience because the last couple times I have remained lucid enough during the attacks to notice a hard bubble in the area just below the left side of my rib cage which is where this curve is - I imagine the hard bubble could be trapped gas.  In any event, I thought I'd share - you are definitely not alone!

It happens to me too.  I I know water helps, even if you think it will make you sicker, it won't it.  For me it stops the full-passout.  My husband is getting pretty good about getting me the water as soon as I call.  I get somewhere and lay down and drool while I recover.  My blood sugar has always been fine.  I have recently started eating nuts again, and I have had two bouts with this in the last month, last night being the worst.  I am still very shakey almost 24hrs later.  As an earlier poster said, "I hate to be gross", but this does for me at least, accompany a most foul bowel movement.  I wonder if there is an infection or bacteria?

hey, i just stumbled upon this site. right now i need someone to talk to who can understand how i feel
 i am now 21 years old, when i was about 12 i started having belling cramps, some felt like i was being pierced by a sharp object, sometimes it feels like when i'm having my period, and at times it's so bad that when the pain comes i cant move. i've been to many doctors, back in Jamaica, where i was born, and here in New York where i now live, I've done sigmoidoscopy, another one that i cant remember and a colonoscopy, all at 21 years old. My doctors say i'm perfectly fine, but if i'm fine why am i constantly in pain. About a month ago i was on the road, and the pain hit me so hard i had to grab my nephews hand and squeeze t, when i went home i went to the bathroom to pass stool and there was blood in it. i saw blood twice in that day, then it kinda stopped, today i went to the bathroom and i saw spots of blood, i just started laughing because i remember my doctor telling me how "i'm perfectly fine". In all honesty i am very scared, scared of the pain, scared for my mom cause she worries so much, and im scared of the big "D". And to make all this even worse, my insurance got cancelled so i cant go to the doctor until it's renewed. Well i tell myself it cant be cancer, the doctors would've caught it, right!? right now, i just have to call on God, I'm not big on crying, but i must say whenever the pain comes i shed a tear and hope to God i wont pass blood if i go to the bathroom...