I have the something happening to me and I'm only 17 I feel like I'm going to die but afterwards everything is ok

I have the something occurring to me I also get unbearable back pain & cramping and after that I start to get diarrhea and it gets worse I feel so light headed and get the sensation that I'm going to pass out but thankfully I never had I'm only 18 and I started going thru this when I was 15 I have been with 2 specialist and both of then don't have a clue on what's going on with me

37 year old male, 6'2" 180 Lbs. I'd consider myself to be in pretty good shape, eat healthy ( lots of fruits/vegetables/water ) no smoking, barely drink alcohol... I have had this at least 20 years now. I have had multiple gastroenterolgists(sp?) attempt to diagnose it, Through testing, blood work, you name it. I have heard many different " theories " from the doctors as to what they believe it " could " be. Not to say that I don't fully appreciate all their work, But I can agree with everyone here. It is incredibly frustrating and quite frankly, humiliating. I have heard everything from, It's just gas, to food allergies, to anxiety, etc.. The first experience was when I was still in high school, And it still comes around periodically to this day. My symptoms always seem to be worst in the morning. As a guy, I can liken it to being a mixture of being kicked repeatedly in the groin and a pain between my belly button and groin like it is literally being ripped apart inside. These spasms and cramps usually come and go but for the most part only last for 15-30 seconds at a time. I too become clammy, pale, and incredibly hot. The heat factor is very extreme too, My wife has actually said my body feels cold but I feel like I could literally burst into flames if I got any hotter. I usually try to drink water slowly but steadily. The pain is usually followed by a series of loose bowel movements. ( which at one point was believed to be from a possible blockage or twisted intestine. Neither turned out to be the case. ) I can also agree with the severity of the pain, I have broken bones before and that was still nothing compared to this pain. I have never actually passed out all though I have begun to black out after becoming weak and shakey. As others have suggested, I also try to remain calm and focus on slowly breathing until it passes. Unfortunately, I came to this site today because this happened while I was driving my car this morning. Thankfully, I was able to feel it coming on and rationalized pulling to the shoulder and giving myself a few minutes to pass. To those of you new to this experience, my heart goes out to you. It is a very frightening thing that happens, And nothing is more humiliating than having someone tell you its " nothing serious ". I've gotten to the point where I can deal with the pain when it comes ( for the most part ). I'm sure most of us here have different results from certain things, But I will pass along a few things I have found to help. I eat a banana every morning with breakfast, It seems to help. I gave up on eating yogurt, I personally found that it actually upset my stomach more often. I also am a tea drinker, which doesn't seem to help matters. So I try to also drink at least a half bottle of water after breakfast. Here's the one though, that took me years to figure out. Carrots. I try to have them as a mid day snack usually. Maybe its something about the fiber, and their fairly high water content, but a few handfuls of those baby carrot sticks have worked wonders for me. Anyways, It is always good to know none of us are alone in this, And that we are not any crazier than the next guy. ;-) good luck folks, Be healthy.

I just experienced something similar this morning.  I wake up feeling fine, but about five minutes later, I have this incredible tightness in my left side.  Almost like my colon has scrunched up.  I try urgently to have a bowel movement but can't.  However, once I do, it is like all the tension and pain in my body is released and that is when the cold sweats, nausea, and dizziness come in.  I have never passed out or gotten headaches afterward.  I do believe that it is partially due to the tension and pain from the cramping, because these episodes have happened before when I was having severe menstrual cramping.  This has been occuring since I was around 13 and only happen about two or three times a year, so I never thought much of it.

For the record, I am currently 22 yrs old, 105lbs, and have GERD/acid reflux and a small hiatal hernia.

Guest wrote:

I came to this forum hoping to find out if anyone had anything like what I had been experiencing myself. The first time it happened to me was 10 years ago, then three more time with in two years. It was horrible. The first time I got up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom. Felt fine but then I began to experience severe abdominal pain. I thought I had food poisoning. But that was not it. Then I could hardly breath. I became very weak, clammy and started to shake. I called for my husband. He said I was as white as a ghost. I put my head between my legs because I felt like I going to pass out. I told my husband to quick get me some activated charcoal. I was so weak I could hardly talk or walk. He helped me to the bed then in about 15 min or so. I was fine. The other attacks were simular. The last one was the day before I was to have a colonoscopy done. I was awaken by lower bowel camping. I had taken the fleet drink the day before. I was suppose to drink with juice. I only drank it with water, no juice or any food. That night I found myself on the floor in the bathroom this time. My husband helped me to the bed. He said I was white as a sheet like all the other times. The doctor said that I should have had juice as he thought I might have been hypoglycemic. I also asked him about the lower bowel cramping as I get that quite often. He said that I should eat more fiber and because he found diverticula in the colon which are outpocketings of the colon that might have had something to do with me passing out also and the cramping in my colon.

Now the doctor said he really did not know but that was his guess. Well it is a mystery but it is sure painful when it happens. I was hoping someone really knew what was going on. I am sure I am not the only one that has had simular attacks. However, Boy oh Boy!!! I am going to add more fiber in my diet from now on. Maybe that will make the difference.

perfect. cause is seasame seeds with jaggery with exactly the same effect.

I have intense intestinal spasms passing only small amounts of stool. I have had this condtion for about 15yrs. Doctor diagnosed me with IBS. It is getting very bad..... I can't even work, due to the frequency of this horrible, painful condtion. My attacks can happen for four hours or more. Then I am totally exhausted.

This may be a long thread, but my so called IBS is 20yrs. I am 59 years old and have been suffering for about 20yrs. Here is how is goes: I get the urge to have a bowel movement, visit the bathroom and relieve myself. No pain, no problem. About 20 min to 1/2 hour later, I once again get the urge to visit the bathroom again....this time I have a little intestinal pain, and bowels are a little softer. I finish this visit and again about 1/2 hour later I visit the bathroom again, intestinal pain is growing more intense with each visit. To make a long story short, I visit the bathroom every half hour for around three to four hours, BUT have no more bowels to pass, and my intestinal track is having extremely intense spasms trying to pass bowel that is no longer there. The pain is my lower stomach is as severe as childbirth, my rectum is trying to push out something that is NOT there. The pain is enough to make me want to scream as though I am having a baby. I know the pain of childbirth. I had a colonoscopy 9 years ago and they removed two non-cancerous polyps and told me to come back in 10yrs. I currently am taking 60mg of dicyclomine when I get an attack. I have lost no weight. I do have bright red blood in the toilet and blame this on hemmorids. Does anyone have any of these severe spastic colon symptoms??

I also had most of the symptoms mentioned on this blog. After being hospitalized for a week every three months I was diagnosed with Iscemic Colitis. After having two more attacks I had a abdominal/intestinal catherization and they found that one of the main arteries going to my descending colon was 70% blocked, thereby causing the colitis. I am three months post surgery for a colon resection (they removed about a foot of my colon) & I can't tell you how nice it is not to go through all that pain! Please go see a colon/rectal doctor!

mommykaz wrote:

I had my colon removed 10 years ago. Now over the past few years I have started having sporadic intense spasms that feel like hard labor. The spasms start at the soft area where the ribs meet and go all the way to the bladder. These will last anywhere from 5 to 8 hours, sometimes having 2 back to back. When I feel them coming on I get to the bed quick or I will pass out. At first I thought I was having a gallbladder attack. I can't talk or move, just do my best to breathe slowly as if in actual childbirth. My husband was with me when one hit, it scared him to death! These spasms leave me exhausted, weak & very tender for several days. The doctors can't seem to help me. 1 dr thinks it has to do with the removal of my colon & suggested an enema. Another thinks it has to do with my Rheumatoid Arthritis. I just don't know where to go or what to do. It's so frustrating!

I had the same problem just this morning. I'm 18 and I figured it was just gas from being on my period, but it was definitely the most pain I've ever felt, unlike any cramping I've experienced. I almost passed out because of it. I found it hard to breath and I just laid on the bathroom floor and called for my mom. She gave me gas x. I thought it was built up pressure because I was constipated..but I had just pooped the day before. Eating something with fiber to get me to go again did relieve some of the pressure. A heating pack also helped and got me off the floor. It took about 2 hours before I was able to walk properly and keep my hands steady. It was scary..

Weird... but I have had some of the same symptoms. I was hoping to find a cause for this too.I didn't have the shakes but severe sweating and then passing out. No diarrhea, no problems breathing for me. Found myself waking up cold and wet.... Merilee

I have had this too. Upon relieving myself it goes away. But I have had to pull my car over and expel asap to stop the pain. The only relief I find is upon discharge. The pain is a 10. so bad I scream out uncontrollably when it happens.

Myself, my mom and my twin sister have been experiencing these same pains for as long as I can remember, It's a spastic colon and it's horrible, and very uncomfortable. The spasms last for up to 20 minutes and get more painful and last longer as the years go by:( The one thing that seems to help relieve the pain at the time is heat (heating pad, heat seats in the car, hot bath etc...)and the only thing that I found that seems to work in preventing the spasms from coming on is calcium / magnesium vitamins.

My symptoms are very very similar, and I as the many here, am relieved Im not alone. I will be descriptive so others can relate. Sorry if I make anyone queasy. I have been doing "This" since my 20's and I am 61 now. In fact, 2 days ago I was hit with an attack. Sound asleep. 2AM. Woke up to urinate, on the way felt slightly ucky...a diarrhea type uckiness. I urinated but suddenly I felt the uckiness worsen, cramps left abdomen under ribs. I felt myself getting hot, clammy, and like I was going to pass out. I'm use to the symptoms so I KNEW I was going to pass out. I yelled at my daughter asleep across the hall to bring me a cold washrag. No sooner did I put it on my head I passed out. None of this is unusual for me. She said this time I was out for 10 to 15 minutes!! The cramps are awful!! No nausea but yucky feeling. She tried to get me to hear her. I could her her calling, "Mom? Mom?? Should I call an ambulance?" But I was so weak.  She said I mummbled and couldnt be uderstood. I have never been out this long before. I spent 1 hour on the toilet with her wiping my head and I was slumped over sideways (I have toilet rails now. Too many times spent falling hitting my head.) I was so weak. When these episodes happen, my bowels always move but they are never normal. Either all water, some mixed water and loose bowel, or very soft bowel but real narrow and flattened. I do this maybe once or two times every 2-3 years. After each episode I have ever expeienced I am weak...very very weak and my tummy is tender. The passing out is awful, scary, and makes me physically feel horrible.

Check out Crohn's disease. I have had this problem for v many years. The cramping and bloating comes and goes. I don't know what causes it, perhaps a viral or bacterial infection.Maybe anti biotics would help?