Hi, I am having strange abdominal pain that occurs only at night. Isn’t it very strange to have pain only at night?

Hi, I am suffering from chronic abdominal pain. For the past four months I had severe bloating and fluttering. Usually if I take some mild tea, my condition improves. I want to find the cause for this, so I have an appointment by internist. The most confusing is that my pain attacks last only for a few hours and always go away on their own. Recently I found out that warming suit me good. Also, if I don’t eat heavy, fatty meals my pain lessens.

The reason that your pain only occurs at night is because it probably doesn't: let me clarify. If your like most people in the world you get up in the morning take a warm shower and go go go until it's time to crash. More than likely your having abdominal pain all the time, you are just too busy to be aware of it. If you take warm showers in the morning, those showers will relax your stomach muscles and help bowel movements. If your pain is associated with your bowels, more than likely you'll have a bowel movement when you wake or shortly after your shower. If it is not your bowels than another solution may be your reproductive system. Ovarian cysts or endometriosis could be where your pain is coming from assuming the pain isn't consistent with your menstrual cycle occurring during mentration and 2 weeks after. If this is the cause, the warm showers calm your body enough to make you think you're fine. It isn't until your body is in rest that it is aware again that somethings wrong. One solution is to sleep with a heating pad, see if it helps the pain. If it does it's more thank likely cramps or ovarian cysts. Do some research to see if your pain lines up with those issues.

Been through the the same merry-go-round for 2 years of doctors-specialists-tests and not one good nights sleep. Felt like a continual moaner and thought I'd have to live with a constant low-grade pain in my appendics area, for the rest of my days. Got a stool test, numerous non-life threatening problems. It now it seems alleviated by a probiotic/prebiotic (Probiotical by Phacobel). Try it.

Not an absolute.. but...... Intersitital Cystitis may be a route to investigate. Good luck!