Don't rightly know what's going on here, but I've been a little confused at my body's reactions as of late.  I'm 29, Male non-smoker and one week drinker, reasonably fit, exercise regularly.  6'-3" and was 215 lbs and working it down about a pound a week.  The about a month ago no matter what I did I started gaining weight.  I count my calories and exercise, was burning more than eating but still gained weight and had frequent diarrhea.  I made it up to 225 last week when all of a sudden BAM!  Everything I ate made me feel a little nauseous.  It kept getting worse and worse.  As of yesterday I can't keep much of anything down except hot water.

I have a persistent dull cramping pain in my lower left abdomen, occasional burning feeling right under my sternum immediately after eating.  I feel nauseous every time I eat, even soup or crackers or a plain toast.  Water typically stays down if I don't drink too much.  Typically I get really burpy and gassy when I eat, you can hear my stomach doing somersaults then one burp brings more than air with it, and half my meal ends up in the toilet, no matter how big or small the meal is.  It's effortless up until the last little bit, which digresses into heaving for whatever's left.  After that I typically feel better, but tired and cramped in my belly.  Then an hour or so later I get a burning in my throat that tastes acidic.  A few hours after that I feel like I'm starving to death.  Rinse and repeat.

My poor wife's scared to death for me, but nothing hurts bad enough that I feel the need to go to the ER.  I don't get paid if I don't work so I'd rather not go if it's something simple.  I can't find any correlation to a type of food that sets it off, as it's gotten to the point of every meal.  Antacids don't usually help until after

I plan on picking up some of those pro-biotic yogurt thingys on my way home to see if they help.  Does anyone else out there have a thought on this?

Hi Guest,

See your doctor.  Abdominal pain of any kind that persists, especially accompanied by nausea and vomiting needs to be investigated.

There are many conditions that can cause lower left abdominal pain, not to mention the appendix.  Diverticulities is also a possibility (you're a bit young though) and it can account for the changes in movements.  All we can do is speculate.  You need an examination.

Hope it helps.  Good luck.

Update: Shortly after posting this, most of symptoms went away, then came back three weeks later. I did set up a meeting with my Dr, and he did an exam. Nothing abnormal but sent me in for a ultrasound. The tech said everything there was normal, no gallstones etc. I have not yet heard back on if anything else was abnormal. Dr. suggested I start taking generic Zantac before meals. I started that three days ago and as of today, it has apparently made a difference.

It still doesn't work perfectly, but it does cut down on the pain experienced.

Thanks for the update guest.
Zantac is usually used to treat ulcers - you can have them in the digestive tract and not just the stomach.

Good luck.

Ok, I'm going into the Dr's agian today for a follow up.  I've been taking the little ranitidine (Zantac generic) about an hour before I eat both lunch and supper.  It's cut the pain out about 90%, but the regurg. is still prevelant after most meals.  He's going to poke around in my belly some more and likely order a full blood test.

So here's where we're at.  The Dr. perscribed a 60 day regimine of probiotic pills, and to keep with the zantac as needed for heartburn.  At this point I'm basically back to how I felt before all this started.  Not 100% but I'm keeping food down again

Thanks Guest.
Glad you're doing better.