Hey everyone. First off I'd like to say thanks in advance for any information that you can help me with. I didn't want to worry my family if this was just something common or possibly something I am doing wrong.

So I recently started lifting weights about 4 months ago. I started off pretty light, didn't push myself too much and haven't really added much weight since I started other then being able to actually finish my routines. Well, for about the past month I've started getting a pain in my heart; mainly when I'm benching, and MAINLY when I lay back down on the "bed" (if I may). I don't have any pain when I'm doing any other routine (squats, free weights) but when I bench I get the pain.And now, after trying to just do some pushups in my room, I am getting the same pain.

Is this something I should be concerned with? The pain went away for a bit of time but then all of a sudden came back. I feel like I should probably see a doctor about this but seeing that I don't really have the money to listen to a doctor (unless this worsens or I hear otherwise from any of you) I thought maybe I'd start with you guys to look for any similar experiences/insight you all might have!

Thank you again for your help!

First of all dont be scared, this si not dangerous. This pain is normal for new guys and for guys who increase their lifting weight. If it is really hard pain stop doing benching for a week or two, and focus on other workouts. If it is soft pain try lower your wight and your body will adapt to it after couple of months.

This is true

I too have started weights and training on treadmill. I too have been having pains in my heart area ? i too thought i don't want to stress my family out. Although i am not exactly young now, i am in my 40's, i am on several meds for other reasons, nothing to stop me doing any exercise though.
Phew, although my pains are when i get to bed. Have you checked on it, meaning when you breathe in and out? Is it there when you breathe in, mine is but not when i breathe out. There is somehthing but what? i am planning a appointment to my Dr's, may i suggest you do too. I cant get in till the week after next, so we could both see what our Dr's say, compare notes. So if it's relating to training, then fine or if it means something not machining well inside our bodies, well we better get it check, yes !! Good luck and please let me know.

Sammy