for the last month I have had a swollen stomach, light nausea, I have been feeling tired, and I have gained a little weight. My stomach is just not feeling right. You can see in the mirror there is a bulge. I have a hypothyroid and the tsh levels are normal - although the free t4 is borderline high. I think my whole body is somewhat swollen as well, especially my hands and feet. I work out and do lots of sit ups and crunches, but lately my stomach feels like a big blob of fat.

I took a home pregnancy test and it is negative. The OBGYN took a pregnancy test and that too came back negative. We are also in the process of blood work and will be doing a pelvic ultrasound next week.

My stomach is not very tender or does not hurt when you touch it. Its just swollen....... What could be the cause? Should I stay with my OBGYN or go to my primary doctor?

HELP all my cute summer shorts are too tight to button up.

Thanks

I have been having the same problems since at least January. I just made a post about it wondering if it has had anything to do with my gall bladder surgery back in September. My belly button oozing is another symptom I have been having, and also my stomach is tender. Right now I feel extremley bloated and haven't eaten or drank anything today.

Well, I don't know what might be causing swollen stomach, have you tried any of the alternative options? Well, it might be an allergic reaction to some food you are eating, or it might be a potential hernia. I would strongly suggest you to visit a specialist about your problem, because feeling bloated all of a sudden isn't something usual. Is it possible that this is all happening because you exercise too much? You should also do a stool examination as well as full body examination because your concern isn't just related on your stomach, but on your feet and hands as well. 

I have the same problems as Candice.
Not pregnant and on no medication - is there anyone out there that knows what this is - and how to solve it?

Please help

Sam

I have the same problems as Candice.

Please help

Siama

you should check through a blood test and /or an endoscopy whetehr you might have something called celiac disease -- this is when you are basically allergic to glutin. itis often misdiagnosed as irritable bowl syndrome, iron deficiency or chronic fatitigue syndrome. You may have to change your diet to avoid wheat, rye and oats. I was incrediblytired, gaining weight, boated etc and it turns out I have this disease and its part of an auto immune eficiency. I also have hypothyroidism and this often goes hand in hand.

A friend of mine had the same thing and she went to the doctor she had giardia. Took medication and has been fine. Just a thought.

I had Giardia back in may of 2006, I took medicine and got better for a while, now things are totally screwed up. Test after test and still no results.

i had gall bladder surgery last oct and every since my stomach looks like i,am pregent which i,am 58 years old. I asked my doctor and he said it was gas from the surgery and yet it hasn,t gone andmy stomach is the same way .What do i do and whom do i see about this .It is so embarassing and hard to fit in my cloths. Please help me . thank you so much .joyce

I would go to a Gasterologist also have your liver checked it could be a number of things Better to be safe than sorry 8-| o.O :-)

i have the same problem. I am never hungry when i eat i almost feel sick? and it makes me gassy. My stomach feels big all the time even when i dont eat or drink anything all day. I gained weight and seem to not be losing it. i need some help

i have the same problem - my feet are swollen, and so is my stomach to the point where i look pregnant but know that i am not. I have severe fatigue and bad abdominal pains. i am not used to feeling so big and my doctors/specialists still do not know wjat is wrong with me yet i have had blood test and all sorts. Advice would be great!

It may be a candida (or yeast) over growth. Stay away from alcohol, grains, sugar, and dairy for a day or two and see if some of your symptoms improve.

If your symptoms subside, ask your doc to blood test you for yeast overgrowth...

usually doctors don't test for this when they do standard blood work (mine didn't), so make mention of the possible candida overgrowth.

Ive a similar case, bloating so badly, tired, feel like my clothes will never look good on me again...and Im usually a slim person...never dieted in my life. I had a bladder infection and took antibiotics and someone suggested to try some probiotics to restore my digestive balance. I have done so for a week now and still feel the same...went to the Dr and he said maybe its IBS...come back later if it hasnt improved and they do a colonoscopy to see if there is a blockage...I feel pregnant but test was negative and i got my period so that kinda rules that off...I wish I knew what was wrong :-(

I need help please...for the last 11 year i have had this same problem...around 2pm my stomach actually feels like someone is standing infront of me and pulling it outwards...it is so uncomfortable and it is rock hard and it hurts to touch...i had a hysterectomy 7 years ago...and the bloating problem is still there...i have excercised...and my stomach just wont go down...no matter what i do...I am at my wits end...I dont know how much more i can take...doctors have done all the tests you can think of...and everything is normal...I am embarressed to go out...I feel full all the time...i eat very little...and I have to buy size 18 tops just to go around my stomach by the end of the night even that is tight...i hope someone can help me please i am desperate...