I am 26 years old female and I am practicing pilates for more than a year. I decided to start with pilates exercises because I gained more than 20 pounds after I had car accident. I have injured my backs too and I felt very bad. I have practiced pilates with my instructor and after few months I felt great improvement. I am very satisfied with it and I would like to know more facts about this great exercises.

Hi, pilates become popular in last several years although it was established at the beginning of 20th century. Pilates were exercises which were mostly practiced by artists and dancers who need to stay in shape. Father of pilates was Joseph Pilates German emigrant who came to USA at the beginning of the century. He suffered from asthma so his idea was to create exercise which will benefit human organism in many ways. Pilates is great technique which improves your strength and flexibility.