I'm really interested in pilates. The whole concept based on rehabilitation program for injured and older people seems quite appealing to me. I found it amazing that someone thought of people who are not into hard body exercises. Anyway, I started practicing pilates 3 months ago and I'm trying to explain to my daughters benefits of pilates. They're not all that excited, they like something more energetic. So, I was wondering if there are some higher levels of pilates, some sort of extreme pilates.

Extreme pilates – I am not sure that Joseph Pilates had that in mind when he made this program. To tell the truth, pilates could be as extreme as you want it to be. Many exercises with just a slight modification could become a real challenge even for athlete. And, yes, there are probably some, as you say, higher levels of pilates, with more demanding strength and flexibility. Just keep in mind that it is still a fitness program, no matter what kind of root it has.