I have a problem. I have swollen anus. I am afraid this a hemoroids. Why does this happen? What should I do.

It is possible you have hemorrhoids. This is a condition where veins around the anus or lower rectum are swollen and inflamed. Hemorrhoids are very common in both men and women. Many people have hemorrhoids, but not all experience unpleasant symptoms, like fissures, fistulae, abscesses, or irritation and itching. The most common symptom of internal hemorrhoids is bright red blood covering the stool, on toilet paper, or in the toilet bowl. In most cases, hemorrhoidal symptoms will go away within a few days. They may also result form straining to move stool. There are also other contributing factors that include pregnancy (the pressure of the fetus in the abdomen, as well as hormonal changes, cause the hemorrhoidal vessels to enlarge), aging (half of the population have hemorrhoids by age 50), chronic constipation or diarrhea, and anal intercourse.
There are two types of hemorrhoids. Hemorrhoids inside the anus, that are called internal, or external, that are under the skin around the anus. Symptoms of external hemorrhoids may include painful swelling or a hard lump around the anus that results when a blood clot forms. Maybe this is what you meant by swollen anus?
Best would be to visit a doctor. If not that, then take a warm bath few times a day for 10 minutes, or go to pharmacy and ask for hemorrhoid cream. I hope this situation will resolve in few days.
Regards!

I believe I have a external hemorrhoid.  Very painful.  Makes my butt cheek hurt and very tender around the hard lump.  Received a prescription from the doctor, also soak in the tub.  None seems to be working.  Hel