im concerend about this irritation or something under my armpits. i have alot - more then ten, pimples/red bumps under my armpits. some of them look alot like pimples, and are filled with what im guessing is puss. but they are very small, and they itch and are very sore. ive asked people about this and ive been told that it may be a shaving irritaion, but i have changed razors and i get the "pimples" in area where i dont shave, they are moving lower down past my armpit. i havent worn deodorant for a week to see if that was the problem, but nothing has changed. and i shower daily so i do not think that it is a hygine problem. im also in the process of changing my laundry detergent to see if thats a problem ! but im doubting that because i am using the same detergent that ive been using for over a year.

please help!
thanks

im having the same problem...did you figure out what it was that was causing this??

I have this, there is a name for it, I will have to look it up. I can't use reg. deodernt. I have to use all natural, and don't shave it makes it worse.

Jenn

**this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed **

Please read our Terms of Use

Have you seen a dermatologist about this? I'm not able to figure out what your issue is because I would actually have to see it, but it seems that there's something causing it that a dermatologist would help you to figure out. Has this started recently or has it been going on for awhile now? Either way, let us know what the issue is and what your dermatologist decides!

hey i have the same issue at the moment, i started to put on this powder that my mum used to use for nappy rash, and it completely dries the sores up and they go away within about 5 days. it's called Curash family-medicated ANTI-RASH family POWDER you can purchase it at woolworths.(is a small blue cylinder container) As for how the pimply sores start- i find it is after i shave, even though the pimples start to appear down my side where i DONt shave. It is just from bacteria which grows on your razor blade because even when you just start to use a new razorblade, if it is wet then bacteria does grow. Be sure to dry the blade after each use and keep that specific blade for one area of the body only to prevent the rash from reappearing.

So if it's just bacteria that are on your razorblade, how come I haven't had anything like that? I don't always properly store it and I even have a rooommate but I haven't had anything like this. Can you tell me more about it?

Same here please how do I get rid of it with a home made thing

i don't ever shave my armpits and i use an all-natural deoderant sometimes or no deoderant at all, and an all natural laundry detergent, and i have the pimply rash on one armpit too... i just noticed it today but it is very pronounced and it is down the side below the hair and up above it, but not in the hair. it is little red spots that looks like pimples but they are not filled with pus, if i try to pop the larger ones clear fluid comes out. i don't think they are pimples or ingrown hairs. i have ingrown hairs on my bikini line and they are very different. the only thing i can think is that it might be fungal, and so i am switching to a deoderant that has tea tree oil in it, and dabbing a drop of pure tea tree onto my armpit after i shower as well. tea tree oil is a natural anti fungal and you can use it to kill things like athletes foot. i will let you know if this works.

this is the same poster as above ^^

the tea tree oil appears to have worked, the pimples are almost entirely healed after one day of using it

Hi, i also get this irritation too. One time it bursted and was very painful. They little red sores leaves scares too. I dont know what to do and i have been to a dermatologist who didnt help me at all. I have to go back because the irritation has come back and is very painful. I know its not my bra because it appears above wear my bra line is and it is also below were it lays. Does the Tea Tree Oil really work? I am young and i am embarrassed about this condition. I cant wear my bikini or tank tops for the time being. Please inform me of any new information about this skin problem.
Thanks

Try using tea tree oil or in combination with vit E to dull the pain and reduce its size.

On another section of this site MelDre wrote:

I believe that you may have a condition called Hidradenitis Supprativa. It is a condition of re-occurring boils/ cysts/abscesses , that are often misdiagnosed as ingrown hairs, herpes, being unclean and folliculitis.

When I first got them they showed up right under my armpit. I figured it was a pimple and tried to pop it. That just ticked it off and it got bright red and swelled to the size of a grape and it was very painful. I kept getting them and they left scars. Then I developed them in my groin area (inner thighs and crotch to be specific), across my stomach where the waistband of my pants rubbed, and my butt crack. When I got one it would last for about a month. They never developed a head like a pimple. They just swelled, made the skin red and shiny, and hurt like hell.

I started getting them in college and went threw a slew of different meds before anyone finally figured it out. My first doctor (actually, he was an FNP) confidently told me that it was folliculitis and prescribed antibiotics. When that didn't work he tried a different antibiotic and then another. He was stumped when those didn't work, so he made me get tested for a sexually transmitted disease. When that was negative he told me that he just took antibiotics all the time for "weird bumps and skin thingies." I decided he was an id**t and decided to handle them on my own.

I noticed that the places they popped up seemed to be related to friction - where the band of my bra rubbed under my armpits, where the waistband of my pants rubbed my stomach, and in my groin area where my thighs rubbed together. Since trying to squeeze them just left me with a lot of scars, I decided to try a different approach. I tried to keep the skin in those areas as gently as the skin on my face. I washed with gentle cleansers, lightly exfoliated once a week, and used Cetaphil moisturizer. When one of the mystery bumps appeared I washed it and put some Neosporin and a Band-Aid on it. That did a good job of keeping them from getting worse. No matter how tempted you are to poke at the bumps, clean them up, put a bandage on them, and then keep your paws off. I tried the natural crystal deodorant and it was a joke. My pits stank, I still sweated like crazy, and my bumps didn't go away.

I couldn't help but thinking I had some exotic illness like the bubonic plague, since it caused buboes in the armpits. I did some searching on the internet and decided they were boils and not pimples after all. My mother swore it was a staph infection and that it had spread throughout my body because I'd tried to pop the bumps in my armpits. Since I had started to develop the bumps when I put on the "freshman fifteen" pounds (and then some), I decided that they had to be due to obesity.

Finally, I got out of college, got a good job with excellent health insurance and went to a dermatologist. I explained how I'd been diagnosed with folliculitis, ingrown hairs, etc. and still kept getting them. He took one look and then explained that we have sweat glands in our armpits that secrete plain sweat and some that secrete sweat with pheromones in it. He said the glands that produced the pheromones were getting plugged up. I had been on oral contraceptives for years, so he asked if I'd be OK with switching to Yasmin. He said that it was supposed to have "some natural kinda stuff" in it that women with skin issues had been having luck with. I tried it and after about 6 months I saw improvement.

At that time I changed a lot of things in my life. In addition to taking Yasmin, I had a lot less stress than I had in the previous years. I started eating a healthy diet and lost 60 pounds. Any or all of those things could have contributed to the improvement in my condition. I've only had a few tiny bumps near my belly button in the last 4 years.

If you have this condition, you NEED to read this posting I saw on Yahoo. I wish this information had been available when I was going through trying to get my condition diagnosed:

"This is a newly diagnosed skin condition , but there is a lot of info out there.
Here is a link :
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hidradenitis_suppurativa.
If this sounds like it might be you, READ it, PRINT it out, and TAKE it to your DOC. Its better to try to start treatment soon, it can spread over the body if left untreated. These boils can become quite large and painful. Sometimes even lasting for weeks or months , do not attempt to POP them they can then tunnel under your skin and spread all over the body. Most common areas are armpits, groin, binkni line, inner legs, and intimate places and basically anywhere that sweats and rub against clothing. Stress is a big inducer. I have had this for 8 years, I was misdiagnosed for a LONG time, It was very embarrassing, painful and scary. I am just trying to help out so you don’t have to wait as long as I did."

Good luck.

***

**edited by moderator**

*This is one of the most informative responses I have read pertaining to this topic and wanted to pass it on.  Hopefully you may do the same.  Mad props to MelDre for providing this insightful bit of information and for providing a piece of mind to those lost in the murk.

I love that imformative message to all and thank you! I too have damn near exactly the same conditions including scaring! I however am a man (32) with the same scary symptoms, i had myself thinking it must be cancer or worse. Anyway my symptoms are the same including butt crack, right waist line, and for me both arm pits. (Especially arm pits) I had a perscription for adderol for about 8 years. (Although this has nothing to do with that) When i took myself off of adderol 2 years ago i have gained roughly 40 pounds! Maybe weight has something to do with it or at least sudden weight gain? I'm 6'1 230pounds. I guess my question would be is there any other men out there with this condition? Seems like it's mostly female? ?

Use antibacterial cream, makes mine go away after a couple days and then I just put a little on after I shave everyday to make sure it doesn't flare up again

i am getting the same thing at first i was thinking it was something thatbmy ex had and stuff but turns outnit wasnt the doctor prescribed me a soap but so far it isnt working and the pain is just getting worst and worst its also gettin ony my forearm and i showwer everyday and they are at places where i do not shave .. my side my bad my hips under my boobs ! I need help or tricks to make it stop

My 10 yr old son has recently developed this and he doesn't use deodorant or razors! Red pimply bumps under the pit and running down. Funny thing is its only 1 side and he said they don't feel itchy. Hopefully not a catastrophe and just another reason to head to the drs.office. somewhat perplexing.