this is the strangest thing.. 4 times this year my face has swelled up for no apparant reason except that the last 3 times it has been after i have flown or driven in a car for several Hours. What i think it is related to sun burn damage under my skin. it starts as small red bumps under my eyes that itch,, then over night my face swells up and my eyes and a dark dark red rash comes up under my eyes and around my lips. I cannot put anything on it bu vasaline.. it takes about 5 days to go away.. i am on day 4 right now again and the swelling is down but there are red patches under my eyes like a shadow from sunglasses .. i have no idea what is causing this to happen to my face!! the doctor said it looked like i was having an alergic reaction to uv rays????

I am having a similar reaction - does anyone know the cause? Or had any luck with prevention or treatment?

I am having the same problem as well , it has only appeared over the last 12 months, i look like the eliphant man. HELP