EEEEEEEK this sound horrific

I had my surgery 4days today. The experience is not different from most of you. For BM the doctor prescribed softeners and an inflammation capsules. It's really helping a lot. I can do some easy house work but can't walk meters away from home. I am not swollen much but I have a slight dip hole which was not closed which is my only worry. Am hoping it will close up on its own. I am due for review in a few days. Try not to stress and try as much ad possible to relax and hope for the best.

Hi i am at day 12 recovery since surgery and am still in major pain, i seem to be having 4-5 BMs a day and have no control & never make it to the toilet, i am taking a laxative that was prescribed but am scared to stop or reduce it too much in case i become constipated.I havent left the house & am scared to,even just to see my local GP as my surgeon has gone away & i dont have a follow up for another 6 weeks. The constant pressure is so painful still, i get a bit of relief from the sitz baths which i have 6-8 a day, & the Endone pain relief helps but the throbbing just never seems to go away, my body is just exhausted, i just need it all to stop

I had hemeroidectomy on 8th of March, it's was a lot worse than I thought it was going to be. The pain was terrible and when I finally managed to have a B/M it was like someone had put a red hot poker up my bum. To make matters worse the following week I hemoraged and had to be taken back into hospital because I lost so much blood. I was in four days being monitored because there was talk of a blood transfusion which thankfully I didn't have to have in the end because my blood started to slow rise to boarder line. My doctor says it can take three to four month for my body to get my blood level back to normal. I'm on the mend now but my rear end is still a bit sore. If I'd have known it was going to so painful I would never have had it done. Maybe if you asked me in a couple of months how I feel about when hopefully everything is back to normal I might change my mind and be glad I had it done.

i had surgery the same day ad you yet my experience has been the complete opposite to yours. I am still in extreme pain and eishing is would all just go away!
To make matters worse my Irritable bowel syndrome is reaking absolute havoc on me.

Did you have a standard hemorrhoidectomy (which i did) ie: cut and remove or did you have anothrr methor such as the laser technique as i know that method has a faster healing and recovery time (my collegue had that operation)?

Hi ,
To all I feel your post hemorriodectomy. Dave from the UK. I'm post op 12 weeks. This operation takes up-to 6 months to fully heal. There are some rules I would love share with all who experience this operation. Tips I guess to help. That really has worked.

1/ Ask the hospital for instillagel. Local anesthetic in a syringe. Prior bowel movement. Post movement for two weeks post op.
2/ Have a shallow bath. Add a little salt to the bat water, bathe Straight after BM. As your muscles down there are relaxed. Soak 20 minutes.
3/Use Fibrogel, sachets 2-3 a day. These are a god send. Bran sachet . They help to keep your BM formed but soft. Not runny. Which will cause more prone to infection if your BM are liquid. After week 6-8. Drop down to 1 sachet per day. Drink at least 3 pints of water through the day.
4/ You will experience a yellow discharge. Some poop leakage too. Don't be alarmed. Your muscles have been opened to extreme. Lol. Anyway. When you feel this leakage. You must try to clean up straight away. Little water, soap etc..
5/ So take a dip in a warm/hot bath for 20 mins after BM. Plus have another bath at night before bed. All this helps with healing the area.
6/ I get all the degrading leakage, one thing I forgot to mention. If your a man. Be glad of lady monthly pads. There another god send. Helps to suppress the leakage. Change 2-4 tines a day. Happy days. the pain is hard mentally, physically drains you in and out the tub. But there is light at the end of the tunnel. Use the items, make a list. You won't go far wrong.
7/ Don't sit on your butt for any long periods for the first 8 weeks. Try an walk when you can, not to much. Little by little. This operation will take up-to 6 months. Due too the area. It's a roller coaster of 1 step forward. Two steps back. Blood, tears, anxiety, frustration. But listen. Use the things above with a good diet. Bingo you will come through this. It's a long one. Good luck to all. Feeling your pain and discomfort. Dave. England. UK.

I'm 2 1/2 months out and that external hemorrhoid looking swelling is still there. Doctor said he could surgically remove it, but it could happen again because surgery in that area causes swelling and there is no elasticity in the skin there. The discomfort is annoying and I'm REALLY hoping it eventually goes away.

Did the swelling ever go away on its own?

I had hemorrhoid surgery 4/26/17. I have been in a lot of pain. But most recent it burns. I use the tucks pad, and hemorrhoid cream but it isn't helping. Do you have any suggestion?

I had my surgery the same day as you (4/26/17). I had hemorrhoidectomy (3 external and some internal) and lateral sphicterotomy. I've been doing pretty good...9 days out. I use a sitz bath after BM (and a squatty potty...very important)...very little TP and no creams. I take 2- 20 minute baths a day. I've laid in bed most of the day or reclined in the recliner. Almost no activity. Lots and lots of water and at least 25-30g of fiber (I track it on MyFitnessPal) plus 2 tabs of Citrucel 2x a day. Not sure what pain meds you took or are on...I was taking pain meds (alternating every 2 hours round the clock for 7 days). I've gone 2 days now without round the clock pain meds. Now down to 600 mg ibuprofen 2-3 times a day, 3-300 mg Gabapentin (genius of my doctor...helps with nerve pain) and 1 oxycodone if needed before I go to bed. Hope any ideas help!

Hello everyone. I did my open haemorroidectomy 5 days ago and Im still in agonizing pain esp. after BM (which Im having 3 a day).

Has anyone here did an open haem. (where they leave the wounds open and left to heal on their own)? If so, after how many days you started to feel better? I had 3 haems removed meaning 3 wounds in my anal canal.

PLS HELP

I had mine done in feb 2015.. I'm still having problems and afternoon getting a second opinion I still haven't healed 2 years later and the previous surgeon left 3 external hemorrhoids for who knows what reason. Worst experience of my life and my previous issues were nothing like they are now. I'm not sure if I did something wrong in the healing/recovery process but if I could go back in time I definitely would and wouldn't have this done

I agree! Why have surgery for no reason. I am at day 4 for internal and external removal. Do not have surgery unless it is necessary.

This post actually posted a year ago.. So can you help please when it end.. I had a surgery on sunday (21may2017) and still im out of control to handle with the pain..

My husband had the surgery on Tuesday it is now Sunday and he has blisters in the area now.has this happen to anyone