I had acute gallbladder surgery last week ,tehn liver stpped up, had to have stents put in . every thing I EAT [soup, chicken, fruit except watermelon]  hurts to much to eat. the gas is terrible you can see my stomsch move from right to left and lots of pain in right side. the dr says I can drive lol I can't hardley walk. Is this coman or should I go back to hospital?

I had my gallbladder taken out 8 days ago because of gallstones.  I had high liver functions, so had I stay in the hospital a couple extra days.  However I WAS able to eat fruit cups, jello, soup, and even plain bland mash potatoes for the first 2 days after surgery.  After that I had mushy carrots, sweet potatoes, and egg substitute.

I guess I was lucky, I never had pain eating.  I mean dont get me wrong, the gas bubble was really painful until I had my first bm and started passing gas.  For me eating, and starting my digestive tract moving helped out a lot.  I went home after 4 days, and have since eaten chicken, ribs, tuna steaks, sushi, and even pulled pork with bbq sauce.

I know it hurts, but if you can get up and walk around, that helps get things going in the gas department. 

I would say, as long as you dont have a fever, your eyes are not yellow, and you are not throwing up your food, then what you are feeling is normal. 

Things got a lot better for me after the 5th day, I dont know if having a stint put it will pro-long that for you, but I hope you feel better soon.  

If you have any other questions, just let me know.