After having my Mirena removed 7 days ago after only 4 months of it being inside me and of developing a pregnant stomach, so much so my belly button changed shape; swollen painful breasts, handfuls of hair falling out, low grade back pain constantly, being a nasty, impatient angry nutcase im glad i had it removed.  im no longer a nutcase and my tummy has gone down a bit, my breasts are back to normal and my hair is now longer coming out in handfuls.  BUT, i have the worst bright red bleeding for four days now, each bleed very fresh.   Very large clots and EXTREME lower back pain.  It feels like my lower spine is in a vice and someone is slowly squeezing it. Its starting to radiate across to my pelvis as well.  Please someone tell me this too shall pass.. or else im going to the A&E on my way home for an xray.  Im so sick of what this thing has done to my body.  I had NOTHING wrong with me pre- mirena, just heavy periods.  This was claimed to be a miracle product by my gynae.  I wanted to jump on it when he took it out of me.  My husband just said to him .. see what ive had to deal with !!

I know this was written a year ago but did you find out anything I'm having same issue from my merina iud removal