i had been told by my doctor i had genetal warts, after a year of treatment every two weeks having even the newest and smallest warts burnt off i then had an abnormal pap, from there they had apperently scraped my cervic because of a spot that had shown up. for the past three years i have not had an out break and all my paps check out normal, i know that you never get rid of the virius but i was just wondering with the way things have been good so far am i looking ok to not to have any further out breaks

I had genatal warts when I was a teenager, had 2 surgeries to burn them off and they went away UNTIL I got pregnant in my late 30's. Something about the HPV virus loves the hormones that your body creates when your pregnant. It was like miracle grow for warts and it slammed me in my last trimester. They started to go away after I had my baby and about 4 months after I gave birth I had another laser surgery to remove the rest BUT found that I had another problem with abnormal paps that required a few more surgeries (was at CIN 2 and 3). 5 years later I finally have normal paps.