Hi, I was diagnosed with genital warts. A doctor told me that I have a virus called HPV. What do you think, will those warts go away?

Hi, I don’t think that warts can simply go away. Warts caused by HPV infection have to be removed, because it is the only way to get rid of them. However, there are some people who claim that their warts have gone away by their own within 8 months, but I don’t know if it’s for real. The best thing you can do is to quit smoking (in case that you’re a smoker), because cigarettes increase the likelihood of wart formation. You should also start eating healthy food with lots of vegetables, fruits, fish and white meat, to boost your immune system, because it is very important in fighting warts. In smokers and junky food eaters, it is more likely that their warts will continue spreading and growing. If you remove the warts with laser or some other method, be aware that you didn’t remove the virus itself. It is still there, and you can easily infect your partner with it.