Months ago I was having problems with my stomach. I kept feeling naseous and felt the need to go to the bathroom even though I didn't have to go. I went to my doctor he gave me medicine for acid production which helped my nasea but a few weeks later I started to have rectal pain mostly when sitting. Also my stools look thin but normal colored. I went to the doctor again he said I was constipated and to drink water and fiber and gave me hydrocortisone. I came home and I hadpve had diarhhea now for 2 days and my pain has not gone away. I'm freaking out at the thought of having colon cancer or something serious. What can it be?

I am 23 and have had similar issues recently.  Pain near the base of my spine on the left side (really only when sitting), nausea occasionally, and mucus in the stool.  The first doctor I went to told me I had Colitis (inflammation) and gave me some pills but it didn't help anything.  The main thing that bothers me is that I feel like I have to go poo ALL THE TIME.  I went to the bathroom today 5 times at work today, only to come out with some gas and mucus (sick, I know).  It's very frustrating, especially after a "specialist" told me I needed to have a colonoscopy, which I did, and guess what..they found nothing unusual! So there's a few Gs down the drain for no reason and I still have the same symptoms.