Hi, few days ago I have made a decision. I will start to train some kind of martial art. However, it seams that there are just too many types to choose from. Anyway, I have a friend who trains wado ryu karate. He says it is the best kind of karate. What can you tell me about it?

Hi, first of all I must congratulate you on your decision. Any kind of physical activity can improve the general wellbeing of your body. Martial arts put a special spark to it. They maintain the health of the body and improve some other features as well. Such are stamina, endurance, coordination and many more. Wado ryu karate is one of the world's major karate styles. It is almost always identified as shotokan. Even dough they are very similar, the differences are great. The similarity between these two is seen only by an inexperienced eye. Wado ryu puts harmony in front of physical strength. It is achieved by knowing your body and being able to manipulate it in every way.