I am practicing Aikido for almost seven years now and I have been satisfied with everything this beautiful martial art gave me. The only bad thing is often wrist injuries, on both hands. This happens often, so I do not even pay attention to minor injuries. Still, I have had a big one last week and immediately went to a doc who said that nothing is broken or torn, but I have to be still for at least a week. Several days later I really feel fine, without any pain, but doc said that I still should go for a control. Why do I need a follow up?

It is needed so that you can be sure you are ok and continue freely with training. Martial arts like Aikido and Judo gives us many techniques based on twisting wrists so the risk of injury is really higher here. Still, I guess that after seven years you have learned a thing or two, so that those injuries will not happen that often anymore.