I have decided to start with workout. At first, I thought of bodybuilding, but realized that it would be boring soon enough. Therefore, I turned to martial arts. After a serious consideration, I narrowed the choice on two names: Jud and Aikido. Whats the difference between those two? What will make me stronger and more agile?

Plain push-ups, running, stretching, those are all things that could give you all you need. As for Judo and Aikido, they are different. Judo today is a competitive sport discipline, while Aikido is still something that could be called a martial art. I prefer Aikido, there is no weight category here, which means that you will learn to deal with opponents much stronger then you are. That is interesting, right?

Hi gregoor,

Since you can’t decide which one is better for you I suggest that you try both. There is unwritten rule that you can try and participate in first practice free of charge. So choose two different terms and try both and you will be closer to the decision what is better for you.

I prefer Aikido, because it is a combination of a much wider exercising than Judo. Also Aikido is a discipline which was designed to defend you but also you are leaving your opponent without injury and this is not the case with Judo.

Also Aikido requires very little of the physical strength. But you must be aware that most of the martial arts include mental training as well. 

You'll probably get less of a physical workout from Aikido, so Judo will probably be best for strength .However Aikido is great for developing agility.