Hello, I need some advice concerning exercises. I am 24 years old and I have to admit that I have completely neglected my body but have finally decided to do something about it. I don't have many extra kilos, but my muscles are far from good too. What would you suggest me, some standard exercises or maybe some martial art? What would be the difference between regular exercises and martial arts?

Well, beside the obvious (learning different attack and defense techniques), your body will shape slightly differently for each martial art (very strong torso and arms for judo, or strong legs and arms for karate etc). But what is usually common for all martial arts is the ratio of white and red muscle mass. It should be about 50:50. With exercises you can change that ration as you are pleased (running will develop slow, red muscles for example).

I am also 24 years old. But i don't need to maintain my body. As i want to put on some weight. Now back to your question about your body fitness. Yes, exercise definitely maintain yor body fitness. But ,y personal suggestion to you is join martial art. As doing this you can learn a new thing exercise is a normal thing but martial art.....it's amazing.