For years blood test show Alkaline Phophate above 200 and sometime above 350 and my symptoms are bone pain that requires pain meds. Mayo clinic has eliminated Pagents disease and Parathiroid disease but can not give me answers. Do you have any new ideas or where to go for help. My calcium level is normal to high. I hurt---some days more than others, but can not connect anything I do to cause it to come or go. Very frustrated with what to do-----

Try asking your doctor to test for the HLA-B27 genetic marker, first step towards diagnosis of ankylosing spondylitis. Also ask for an ERS of blood taken when your symptoms are at their worst - this establishes level of inflammatory agents in your bloods. High calcium is also indicative of A.S. though no one test or set of tests is conclusive. Bone pain coming and going tallies, especially seemingly incongruous pains. Do you get painin your ribs, ankles or shins? Diagnosis can take a long time. Took 22 years of hell for my diagnosis. Presented with the same symptomology, some doctors would automatically check this out. Others appear to know nothing about it. It's pot luck.

best of luck

I would advise you check your diet. Try switching to the Paleo diet for 1 month and then see how you feel. Check your Alkaline Phosphate again after the month and see if it's decreased. It has been proven to work in the past.