Warning! Don't eat while reading this..

I've had these symptoms since I was about 6 or 7 years old. I am now 15 and I still experience these symptoms:

-Pain in the upper part of my stomach
-Burning sensation in the stomach and back of my throat
-Feeling like I'm about to gag/vomit
-Particles of food coming out of my throat and into my mouth
-Nausea
-Upset stomach
-Stomach aches
-Headaches
-Lightheadedness
-Abnormal bowel movements
-Pain in the lower abdomen
-Feeling of a lump in my throat

I've had sinus problems since birth, and I've had several sinus infections since then. I regularly have mucus going down the back of my throat. I often also get mucus coming into my mouth, or having to clear it out by coughingor sometimes regurgitating [I don't know what else to call it].
I started complaining of a feeling of having a lump in my throat or a feeling of having swallowed an apple peel or a chip in my throat [Funny analogy, but it's the only way to describe it]. I would also burp and have sour acid come up my throat. I have always been deathly afraid of vomiting, so I would end up not eating anything for long periods of time, afraid that it would make me nauseous or make me throw up. I lost a lot of weight.
My mother finally took me to the doctor and they took some blood samples and a stool sample, but the tests came back clean and free of anything that might be causing my uncomfort. My doctor decided that I probably had Acid Reflux, but I was way to young to be experiencing it. She told me to start sleeping upright and to try not to eat too many spicy foods.
I unfortunately also have an overactive imagination, so when I would watch scary movies, I'd get so scared I couldn't sleep, which seemed to provoke the lump in my throat or make me feel sick. Throughout the years, whenever I get stressed out or excited, I end up getting most of the above mentioned symptoms, but nothing seems to cure it. I've tried Zantac, Pepto-Bismol, avoiding spicy foods, sugary foods, and fatty foods, exercising, drinking water, just NOT thinking about it, but it won't go away. I'm currently on a prescription called 'Ranitidine' and it seems to relieve some of the symptoms, but I don't want to have to rely on it to get me through the day. I usually can't eat or sleep when I get a bout of these symptoms, causing me to lose weight. [I'm slender anyways, but I'm trying to gain weight]. I also usually have pieces of whatever I eat come back up into my mouth, along with a gagging sensation and headaches, causing me to think I have to throw up...
Currently, my mother and I are in a huge fight, and the symptoms have come back as strong as ever. They also seem to come back really strong before and while I'm on my period. [I'm currently on my period lol]

So, I'm sorry to have to go into detail :$ , and I appreciate if you read the whole thing. What I want to know is..
-Has anyone else experienced this?
-Anyone have any suggestions as how to cure this?
-Does anyone know what these symptoms are related to?

Thank you so much if you can answer any of the questions.

I'm currently having this problem too...
except i don't have sinus problems..
just the feeling of a lump in my throat
of something ive eaten no idea but i also
have lil chunks of food that come back up.
nasty..ahah
i haven't seen the doctor either me and
my mother are currently fighting also and
my dads always gone..but besides that
the only real thing that helped was making myself
throwup...yeah effed up but sometimes it would just
kill enough to do it...only thing is it would only help
for a few hours ( 4 - 8 ) hours at a time..
and ive only been experiencing this for the last year..
but i soon will goto the docs no matter..but if you learn
anything about it lemme know.
thanks alot.

Hey you two, I hope you're both doing alright, I know it's not easy to have problems like this that no one can fix or at least properly tell you how to manage!
I'm a medical student and what you're describing sounds like your stomach is making a lot more acid than it should be, especially when you're stressed (this is very common!!). It also sounds like the little muscle that is supposed to keep whats in your stomach from coming back up your throat might be a bit looser than it should be, which is why you have that lump-like feeling (sometimes people call this feeling "indigestion") and the acid/food coming back up.
Why don't you tell me more about what you're doing right now to fix it? I know you said the Ranitidine is working a bit, how many of those do you take? How many milligrams are the tablets? Are you doing anything else? Let me know!!

I suffered with problems like yours for about 6 years. Last July I finally found a dr that helped me. All others made it worse, or just said it's IBS. Which I knew it wasn't. My dr did an endoscopy the next day after my first visit. I had 3 pre-ulcers (erosions) in my stomach, a hiatal hernia and GERD.
I had all of these symptoms:

-Pain in the upper part of my stomach
-Feeling like I'm about to gag/vomit
-Sour liquid in the back of my throat
-Nausea
-Upset stomach
-Stomach aches
-Abnormal bowel movements
-Feeling of a lump in my throat

I strongly reccomend you get an endoscopy or upper GI. My dr put me on Aciphex-which by the way has put 25lbs on me which I'm not happy about.
My hernia still huts when I do simple things like laundry, vacuum, dishes, etc. There's no way to avoid that. I plan to get surgery to fix the hernia in the next few years.

For two years or so, I've also had

bloating/feeling full/burp a lot/something stuck in the throat feeling
and Prilosec OTC has helped until recently
I've tried other OTC medicines, but with no help
today I got an upper GI, which did not appear to show anything

If I do not take anything or forget to take something, I get diahrea.

Perhaps I'll ask my doctor about Aciphex. Good luck all.

hi my name is Donald and I like to tell you that I had the same symptoms. Well, to me I'm not a doctor, but I've been researching for the last two years since I came down with the symptoms. It sounds like a classic H. pylori, which is a passage loving bacteria that lives in your stomach. The first thing that you need is to get a pass at reducing medicine from your doctor. This will have you to feel better so you can eat. Some people think is in our water and some people think it's in our food. I feel we all have to take care of ourselves along with our doctors. Also you might want to look at parasites, which is a new epidemic along with H. pylori. We also have to understand that a lot of doctors are not Trained to find parasites. Take me for instance, nine months ago, I weighed 222 pounds and now due to H. pylori and probably parasites. I now weigh 149 pounds. Do yourself a favor and research as much as you can. Go to Dr. Clark's website or google her. Just put in Dr. Clark's and the site will come up. Thank you and I hope this information has helped you.

I currently am experiencing these symptoms. I went to the doctor a few days ago, and he told me that I had pharyngitis (a cold) and that instead of mucus draining out my nose, it was going down the back of my throat. He gave me amoxicillan and my throat started feeling better, but then my stomach started bloating and hurting really badly. I'm going to ride it out and see what happens until I run out of medication.

So I have all the same symptoms as the original posteror first post had said. Nausea, lump in throat, abdominal pains, abnormal bowel movements, acid in throat, food coming up when I burp ect. I had an endoscopy done and resulting in absolutely nothing. I am now on Aciphex as another poster on here is as well. I do not find that it is helping me at all. My GI doctor seems to think its only anxiety, but I do not agree. He only ran that one test on me and nothing further. I'm going to be 21 this month and I believe that the doctors I have been seeing aren't taking me serious. I have been feeling this way since Feb. 08. About a year now. Its really affecting my life. My weight keeps changing because I can have a good day and eat normal... and then the next day be so sick that I can hardly move. I am also terrified of throwing up. I refuse to let myself do it unless it comes up and out on its own. Making the situation even crappier. I haven't thrown up as a result of my symptoms yet, but I have come serverly close. They kept telling me that I have IBS, but I'm not convinced if that is it or something else in addition to IBS. Any suggestions? I also feel very tired. I just do not have the energy to do much anymore. At my age I should be all over the town....

I have the same problem for years now. I had a colonoscopy, barium swallow and an endoscopy of my nose and throat. I was then diagnosed with gastritis, which was caused from taking a lot of Advil. I started taking prevacid which worked at first, but then I went off to university. All of my symptoms came back and were much worse, especially when i got stressed. I even had to get an ultrasound of my abdomen. When I came home from school, I saw someone involved with holistic medicine. He put my sister, who has colitis, and I on a very strick diet. We were not allowed to eat meat, seafood, any dairy or animal byproducts, no wheat or gluton, no sugars, no caffine, no alcohol, no junk food, and to try to only eat organic. We only ate fruits and vegetables that were easy to digest, we ate a lot of quinoa instead of wheat, and we were allowed goats cheese. This diet was not too hard for either of us, as we were already vegetarian. I stayed true to the diet for about 3 months. My sister still sicks to a modified version of this diet. But after 3 months of being on this diet, I was able to eat anything again. And all of my symptoms stopped. The lump in my throat was the only thing that did not go away. Occasionally my symptoms will come back when I am stressed, but I find cutting out alcohol and wheat for a short time puts my right back on track.

I really hopes this helps.

Hello all.
I have many of the same symptoms.
-Pain in the upper part of my stomach
-Feeling like I'm about to gag/vomit
-Nausea
-Upset stomach
-Headaches
-Lightheadedness
-Abnormal bowel movements
-Pain in the lower abdomen
-Feeling of a lump in my throat

My doctor diagnosed me with gastritis and said it would go away after I took 30 days of Losec.. While I was taking the Losec, my stomach aches remained.. I returned 2 weeks after starting the Losec and he only prescribed more. So I was taking 3 losecs a day for 20 days or so. My stomach started to feel better.. but as soon as I stopped the medication my stomach aches came back. He sent me for many blood tests, a H. Pyroli breath test, an ultrasound, a barium swallow test, and also to a gyno saying that it all had to do with my menstrual cycle (symptoms get worse during menstruation)
The gyno told me it had nothing to do with my womanly parts, and that it was either a chronic stomach condition or Chrones disease...
I went back to my doctor, and he prescribed me Losec... for 14 days. Which did absolutely nothing.

My stomach aches were alright for november to december... but have recently started up again.
My family is full of auto immune diseases (5 family members with rheumatoid artheritis, one with graves disease, one with hypoactive thyroid) so maybe it has something to do with that?
But now, I try not to go to the doctor, because it seems like he is just randomly testing things.. and doesn't let me mention all my symptoms (cuts me off)...

So good luck finding out what is wrong,
not all doctors are willing to help.

hey all just wanted to say that i sometimes have (mainly at night before i go to bed)

-Feeling of a lump in my throat
-Feeling like I'm about to gag
-finding myself taking bigger breathes of air

i have had during the day-

-dizziness/lightheaded
-Feeling of a lump in my throat
-Headaches

thanks for any info =D

Hi all. I've been having these symptoms for 3 months now and it helps just to know I'm not alone. I started feeling terribly sick the days after I would drink alcohol some time last year, but then randomly one day I wasn't even drinking (although I did take two Benadryl for an allergic reaction I had) but suddenly had acid in my throat, nausea and gagging (I too am afraid of vomiting and will do anything to avoid it). I tried Priolosec and then was on Protonix for two months. It helped a little but I still got full very fast and still had chest discomfort and burping, and I felt like it was really screwing with my head.

I would say my biggest symptoms are bloating, burping, lightheadedness when standing, discomfort during and after eating and nausea/retching. Also, does anyone else not really have pain with these symptoms? My doc diagnosed me with GERD, but I never get heartburn, just an uncomfortable feeling in my chest like stuff is stuck in there and moving around.

And of course all of this happened just months after I got booted off my parent's insurance after 23 years of being mostly healthy. Oh yeah, I had anorexia about 10 years ago; I suspect that might be a contributing factor.

Anyone have any idea how much a barium swallow/endoscopy costs without insurance? I've had blood work done and it came back clean...

I don't kno if this will reach u but I have similar symtomsd I won't kno how to get in touch wit u so find me.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed **
Please read our Terms of Use

yes I had some of the symptoms and every time i eat any sugar at all i feel like i am gonna vomit. i have lost 14 pounds and am 9 yrs old nausia, barely any food coming up, and also i feel spit at the back of my throat. if you want to ask me more email me at ***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed **
Please read our Terms of Use

haley is my momma's name my name is lizzy.

-- lizzy :D

Hi I am 11 turning 12 in just a few days. I started having the SAME exact symptoms in the beginning of august. I had a whole bunch of tests done, for them to find nothing. I am really upset that this is happening to me at such a young age. Although I am glad im not alone. I also am afraid to regurgitate, for some odd reason. I really hope someone finds out whats wrong so they can get a cure and FAST. I am always uptight and i have anxiety to begin with. I just want to feel better and be able to live my life like every other kid. :'( Someone PLEASE help