So I've read a couple posts here about the reactions that some people are having. Ill just list my few experiences
1st time I smoked A LOT. I was throwing up uncontrollably and couldn't even hold my head up. My mom took me to the clinic and the doctor said to just have some gravol and sleep it off.
Second time... same thing but not as much weed. It was only 3 tokes i believe.
Needless to say, i was done smoking pot. BUUTTTT i got curious when my friend was making some special brownies so i ate one. a small portion. i didnt get sick. so next time i ate a bigger portion and BAM same thing i got sick and my body was all tingly like when your foot falls asleep and i was puking for hours.
So if i eat small portions i can enjoy the high and not get sick... and i dont even wanna TRY smoking it anymore. Im just wondering if anyone gets sick like i do because... all the other bad trips i've read about consist of convulsions and hallucinations. I just feel high for a MUCH shorter time than my friends and then crash hard and puke.
Is it possible that I'm allergic to something? Or is it similar to being a light weight drinker... Am i just more sensitive? any input would be great :-D

cheers!

I've had the same exact reactions as you ever since I've started smoking. the first couple times I only smoked a a little and was feeling fine. Then one time my friends and I used a bong, which I know creates a more pure form of marijuana, and I took about 4 tokes and crashed and puked too. Ever since I've taken it easy when I smoke, but now if I smoke even a little but I get terribly nauseous and lightheaded and anxious. I know one time I even broke out in hives??

We might be just allergic to the THC content or something..

But I used to be allergic to trees and grass a bit -like seasonal allergies, but not anymore after I was cured from acupuncture, but maybe I still have some allergy left...oh well.

I have never heard of those symptoms before but anything’s possible. I am severely allergic to the stuff. Like full blown anaphylaxis and have to be carted off by the paramedics, if they make it there in time to save me, if I go near someone smoking it. And if I touch the raw stuff or anything made with it, like lotions, makeup, bags, clothing, or necklaces, I break out in hives and my throat starts to swell shut. Now it sounds like you have the same problem I do, not the anaphylaxis but the reaction becoming worse every time, I would recommend staying away from it as much as you can to save yourself from the troubles and possibility down the road, of it becoming life treating like mine has. If it does get worse you will have a hell of a time finding a doctor who will prescribe an Epi-pen for this allergy, if you can find one at all.

Sounds to me like an asthmatic reaction. Try eating it at small amounts and see if that triggers your throat to close up. If not, your lungs are probably just sensitive to sudden changes. And if you throw up try to separate being dizzy and disconnected from physical vomiting. There is a major difference. Also coughing your ass off and shaking your stomach only leads to one thing after a while. Good luck anybody, I personally don't think it's possible to be alergic to THC itself as anadamide is present all over the body, and that's our bodies version of THC. Personal experience and preconceptions lead to most "allergic" reactions, which totally mislabels them. It allows us to misunderstand the power of our brain and the affect our thought has on our body.

Sorry but i dont have asthma and I became allergic to weed after about 5 years of continued use. I smoked the most expensive high grade weed every time from californias most expensive cannabis dispenseries. Therefore yes you can become allergic to weed and it can have nothing to do with asthma or any other reason some stoner wants to believe there isn't a way you can develop an allergic reaction, because believe me its more than possible and you can die from anaphylactic shock if its a severe enough reaction. Good news if you are allergic... you don't have to be a useless piece of sh*t... bad news is you might be allergic is you can have a very uncomfortable reaction and possibly die.

i smoked it like 4 different times and never got sick, just burned out hard. but the last two times i have have smoked i burned out and puked. my freinds think its because i was over eating, but i think i just have a low tolerince. they have been doing it for like 4 years. i stared like a month ago.or mabey its because of the weed, last time it was purple cush, and that strong weed so ya. if any one reads this plz reply. ;-)

If marijuana were really all that dangerous would it be considered a super drug?

It treats and can help prevent multiple different medical conditions.

From Cancer to Diabetes then back again to chronic pain.

You just need to relax and eat something.

Grab a video game, a movie, or your d**k and hop on Google for all I care.

Stop being paranoid. Hit the bong again. Go Stumble...or Zelda, whichever comes first.

Was in the ER last night for 4 hours because I accidently ingested resin. BELIEVE me, you can be allergic to it. I was in terrible pain and my body was making erratic movements. I haven't smoked for 12 years because I was having allergic reactions back then too.

To the person who believes we can't be allergic to it because its similar to a chemical we have in our bodies.. a very slight change in chemical structure can cause vast changes in how our body responds.

To the last ignorant SOB who posted right before me. Just because it can help some people doesn't mean we all react the same way. For example, peanuts are tasty, healthy and fun to eat unless you are allergic to them, then they are deadly. Same for strawberries and an endless list of foods, grasses, pollens.

Accept that for some people its poison and don't call em whiners for not gettin baked with ya.

Well, I was smoking this morning from an apple and I took a huge hit and when i exhaled I started coughing uncontrollably and I felt like I was going to puke. Then when I got on the bus everything went black and my face was really cold and I couldn't hear anything. I'm wondering if I'm allergic to the THC or what the hell is going on.

I am having the exact same reaction. I have smoked weed four times and got sick EACH time. I was thinking it was because I was a light weight drinker too. Last night I only had 2 drinks and ONE hit of weed and I was hugging the porcelain Goddess for the next two hours. Twelve or so hours later and I'm still sick! I'm just going to consider it an allergy and leave the c**p alone. Spinning, tingling and barfing are not symptoms I cheerish.

yea it happens to me a lot... I smoke a couple times a month and about half of the time i get this reaction...
1. anxious
2. dizzy
3. nausia
4. and to end it all off i get fluid in my ears and everything sounds like im underwater
5. then pass out

I dont really care lol caus its over in a few minutes but I get it off of anything whether its mids or headies. Out of a bowl, bong, blunt, or one hitter it doesnt matter. It can be any amount too caus ive taken half a hit out of a bong of dank ***edited by moderator*** ** inappropriate posting** or a hit out of a one hitter of middies.

I actually get really itchy on my legs for days.

This sounds more psychological than allergenic to me. It's the frame of mind these people are in when smoking/ingesting marijuana.

ok, first of all not every body react the same way to weed.
i was smoking weed for over 5 years, i did not smoked for about 3monts because i got a cherurgie in my leg and was in plaster. after getting my plaster off i went to a party and i could not drink because of my medication so i decided to smoke. i was a realy hard nigh. i start felling numb and i was getting worst and worst until it was hurting. wen i was walking i was ''lagging''. since that nigh every time i smoke i feel verry anxious.

sounds to me like you just got too high :-)