I saw someone else post on a similar subject and the one response seemed helpful. I really think there has to be more to this weight loss thing though.
In January, I cut out all bread from my diet. This meaning rice, potatoes, bread, etc. If I eat any type of bread substance it's Ezekiel bread, Kashi cereal or a high fiber cracker and that is not very often (as in less than once a week generally). I do the spin class at the gym every Thursday and also do my own routines of elliptical, running, cycling, lifting weights 3 days out of the week for at least an hour. I only eat when I'm hungry, but even then I don't eat very much. I have a lot of protein, nuts, fruit, vegetables, etc.
I started taking Kelp vitamins because the thyroid medicine I was on was having bad side-effects on my vision. The kelp is helping with my digestion and energy levels, but not with weight loss. I couldn't lose weight on the thyroid medicine either.
I also get at least 8 hours of sleep every night. I know I am definitely not deprived there!
I guess what's frustrating is always eating so healthy and working out, but never losing weight. Since I stopped eating bread, I've only lost 5 pounds. Five pounds in 11 months! I would think that extremely abnormal with joining a spin class. That's one of the hardest, most intense work-outs out there.
I think my estrogen is off as well, but I'm afraid to improve that and deal with the side effects of stomach weight gain.
I've been contemplating taking flax seed. Any other things I could try? I'm desperate for something. I'm 5'9" and 205 pounds! I know that I carry it well, but for living such a restricted lifestyle, I would hope I could at least get back down to 185. :-(

Eat all the fruits and vegetables you can hold and drink a gallon of water a day. It is natural liposuction. Good luck

It sounds like you are doing all the right things and putting a lot of effort into it I would be frustrated to!! Have you heard of Apple cider vinegar it slows the rise of blood sugar after a meal taking apple cider vinegar with a meal reduces the amount of insulin required to process the meal resulting in weight loss. I use it and it works. It is not pleasant to take but if you can handle taking 1-2 tbls before a meal then give it a try :-) I also use green tea to give my metabolism a little boost and for energy you can buy the pills or drink the tea I like Green Tea mega fat burner. I buy it at costco its affordable. Also be sure you get the raw Apple cider vinegar. Good luck let me know how it goes.

I friend of mine and his brother both take thyroid medication. One has a weight problem, the other doesn't. As I understand it, weight gain is one of the side effects of the thyroid medication. I would bring that up to your doctor if the weight is really a problem.

losing weight is never that easy and nobody says so. i know exactly how you feel and if i were you, i would feel the same way. anyway, if everything seems not to be working, you can always approach you're doctor or a nutritionist for your problem. they can give you better advices. good luck!

OK June 2009 I was 170, Dec. 2009 I was 92lbs and May 2010 108lbs. And im 5'5. I know how to lose the weight just most people would think Im crazy for doing it. All I do is dance in heels while I clean house, eat one LIGHT meal a day anything really I want just not a buger. And I eat cotton-balls dip in ranch dressing. Thats the crazy part but hey it works. Drink lots of water. And take water pills. Diet pills dont work. But you will need to drink some orange juice ones a week cuz you will feel very sleepy all the time. Cuz you body is shutting down in a way. Its use to getting food all the time. Stop eating so much. Put up pictures of a really fat person and a really skinny girl. Have a goal! Good Luck!

I know I sound like a broken record but ... try the R&D Diet Cookie. With everthing you are doing it will really make a difference and you won't even have to use them long... maybe a month or 2. They are just the tool you need to make a difference.

Hi, I understand how hard it is to lose weight. I work in the weight loss center and I've seen many cases. Our center has helped hundreds of people to lose weight successfully and without rebounce. The centre consists of passionate nutritionists and dietitians who really care about our clients. We plan programs individually to fit each lifestyle and ofcourse we don't work for free. We do frequent follow ups and daily phone calls to motivate our clients, there are meet-ups as well to measure weight loss and body fatness. Many of our nutritionists were overweight or obese, as you may know in reality heaps of dietians in hospitals are overweight, too. But now we are all size 6/8s. If you would like to know more about us. Email Mona to: It would be lovely to hear from you. We are as serious as you are about your health:)

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed **
Please read our Terms of Use

I think 3 important things for weight loss are proper diet, regular exercise and sleep.

You should take more fruits and vegetables for diet.
Exercise regularly the more you exercise, it will burn more calories.
Sleep is very important or you might feel restless and tired.

All the best. :-D

You can use this method for weight loss.

***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed

That is the dumbest advice I have ever heard!!! What are you trying to do? You can really do damage to yourself??? Wow!!! DO NOT TAKE THIS ADVICE IT IS SOOOOO WRONG!!!! Cotton Balls...REALLY??? :cry:

Cotton balls?????????????? PUH... LEEZE!!!!!!!!!!! Don't do anything that stupid or crazy or dangerous! I agree with the one who said try the R&D Diet Cookies. It is still a matter of how many calories you take in. You sound like you are doing everything right. You are probably still eating more calories than you think you are. The cookies are made of protein powders, fiber, whole grains, and flavors so they are not bad for you. They really do fill you and take away hunger and cravings so that you can reduce your daily calorie intake a lot so you can lose weight. You may just need them for a couple of weeks or a month just to jump start your weight loss. Good Luck! :-D