I'm 24 yr old female and all my life my boyfriends have called me cute. You may be asking yourself right about now, "what is she complaining about?" Well, at 23 "cute" isn't exactly what you want to hear. I'm not wearing diapers and I'm not a toddler. Once more, I'm not particularly short. I'm 5'6, which I believe to be average height for a girl my age. And I'm skinny to the point of being somewhat bony in parts. So, while cute is better than nothing, it certainly does begin to make me think that they just can't bring themselves to call me pretty or sexy. It is really starting to wear on me. Even when I'm feeling down about my looks and I ask a friend they always say "nono, you're so cute" %-) What!? Why not just say I'm ugly already. That's how it feels to me. I'd like it if my boyfriends and friends could see me as something other than "cute". What does this mean in guy speak or human speak even? Someone please decipher. I can take honesty.

HI nailbiter, I can't say one way or the other whether people think you're ugly or not. If you're 5'6" then you're a little shorter than average so you probably get cute based on your size, not necessarily your looks. I don't think it's going to help you to be paranoid about how you look because looks ultimately don't matter anyway! Does that make sense? I hope that you realize that any compliment about your looks is better than none at all and feel happy with how you look. Good luck to you okay? Let me know how you're doing and what you think of this.

I recently noticed the exact same thing happening to me. I am also 5'6" and thin. Cute used to be a complement until I realized I hear it a lot more than a "pretty" or "beautiful" complement. So I can't really answer your question besides saying that I'm suspicious of the same thing. I'd be willing to swap pictures with you if you wanna give each other honest opinions on whether we are just "cute".

I am the same im 22 and 5'7 all i get from my boyfriend is that i am "pretty" thats nothing to me anyway, i don't know if thats happened to any of you before? But i try my best to look really good to him but he doesn't notice really he used to call me beautifull BUT NOT ANYMORE! i feel useless aswell.

I'm in the same boat as you guys! Everyone describes me as "cute". I'm also tall and skinny/ a little bony. It really sucks :/ In my case I feel that it's because my cheeks are kinda chubby, which makes my face look more childish and less "sexy".

First off,

Just because someone calls you "cute" does not mean you are ugly. So stop being so hard on yourself! Secondly, please don't expect guys to call you beautiful, reality is, its really not in there genetics to compliment females. I can see your frustration in being called "cute", I however, have never experienced this, so i cannot relate to what you are feeling. That being said, I know guys very well, if they call you "cute" it really is not a bad thing, cute can mean all sorts of things, my boyfriend has used cute before on me and I would reply with "Cute, really? what am I a puppy?" Guys do not see cute as being a bad thing. And honestly, a lot of guys would prefer to be with a girl who is cute, rather than sexy. Now i know your going to think I have no idea what im talking about, but let me finish. The personality of a girl who is called "sexy, rocket, burner, etc" is very much overly confident and extremely conceited. They are also more likely to cheat, because of this, especially if they have "daddy issues" girls who fall for guys who use terms of endearment such as these, usually dont last in relationships very long.

So embrace being cute, and having a cute personality, and doing things that are adorable and cute, because when you find the man of your dreams, what he calls you wont matter, because its the actions that follow the term that have the most meaning.

Hope this helped.

same i am only discribed as cute but every one how keeps comenting say they are bony.but i complete oposite im musceld. but i also look like and over grown porcilein doll. i think it verys so i wouldn't say the say it cause it the only thing that fit or they don't want to say ugly. they prolly say it cause it fits the best.

I'm 18 5'8 skinny, but I also just get called cute by my boyfriend. I ask him why he doesn't call me pretty or beautiful(what EVERY girl wants to hear) and all he says is "take the compliment or leave!" Uh okay I'm sure it's the same for guys. They would rather be called handsome then cute. WE ARE NOT TODDLERS OR 5yrs old!!!!