THIS IS CONFUSING

EVER LOOK IN THE MIRROR AND SAY TO YOURSELF "YOUR SO UGLY" OR PICK AT CERTIAN THINGS ABOUT YOUR FEATURES, IVE BEEN TOLD " YOUR SO HOT OR GOODLOOKING OR CUTE" SINCE I WAS A KID. IM NOW 22 AND SORT OF DEPRESSED.
I have no problem with dates or jobs.... im a model btw. Not cause i think im hot just because its my job. The problem here is very confusing. I think im so ugly and hate seeing headshots, pictures, video, or anything involved with my face in them.
I dont know how to shake this. everyday im scared or think people are talking about my looks. and i think im a little heavy but im like 154 and 5"11. thats like average for a human. the lord help me.

just talk positive to yourself in the mirror. 3 times a day. even if you don't believe what you're saying. just do it. you'll start to believe the things you say after maybe a week.
also, pick out 2 or 3 things about yourself that are pretty, look in the mirror and tell yourself how pretty those things are and focus on them to boost your self esteem

I have a friend like this. She is literally the most stunning girl in our whole age range, guys are queing up for her, and she could easily be a model, but she doesn't think so. Its actually depressing for us around her who arn't as pretty to watch her obsess over her looks when she doesn't need to.

You are a model. That says it all. You must be beautiful, they wouldn't have chosen you otherwise. Now next time you look in the mirror and hate something you see, just think back to the last time someone gave you a nice comment about it. Whenever you feel depressed, think of all the compliments you can remember - it will boost your self esteem

I read somewhere once that 85% of women and girls have a negative body image. The majority of women and girls are actually pretty darned attractive, as long as they put a little effort into hygiene etc. See the disconnect? We live in a society that bombards us with messages ("Get thin now!" "Bust that cellulite") that feed on that discontent because it makes it easier for companies to sell us things. If women everywhere became happy with how they looked naturally, there are several multi-billion industries that would collapse.

With all that negative attitude swirling around out there, it's easy to assume that it should apply to you too. But there's no reason for that; you get to choose your own outlook on life, so why choose one that makes you feel anything less than fabulous?

So I think, honey, that it's time for you to say "Screw you, Cosmo" and join us over here in in the 15% Club. The membership pledge goes like this: "the magazines aren't talking to me; they're talking to the insecure people." Membership duties include, but are not limited to, unilaterally rejecting all notions of ugliness or unattractiveness, and recruiting others into the club. Oh, and no cutting down your sisters, but that should go without saying.

When you're making decisions about your personal appearance, choose things because you like them, not because they "combat" some flaw. Why should your body be a battleground?