Hi, I get along very well with my work colleagues. But there is a man in the office that doesn't like to talk to the rest of us much. He is often absent from work, but when he comes to the office he mostly keeps to himself. My colleagues say that he is a psychopath and that he should be treated for antisocial disorder. I always thought that psychopath is just a fancy term for crazy person. But the guy from the office does not look crazy at all. Can you tell me what antisocial disorder means? Is my quiet colleague really a psychopath?

Hi, the definition of an antisocial personal disorder means that the person who suffers from it shows no regard for the rights of the others and the law. The term psychopath is used to say that a person has an antisocial personal disorder. I don't know how you think that a crazy person looks, but people with this disorder do not have any distinguished mark that suggest that they have psychological problems. There are only behavioral symptoms that can point that a person has this condition. People with antisocial personal disorder often have trouble communicating with other people. They often can be aggressive and willing to pick up fights. Also antisocial personal disorder causes person to have problems with the law. Just because your colleague doesn't communicate with the rest of you does not mean that he necessarily has an antisocial personal disorder. Chances are that he is just shy.