Lately my stomach have been making noises through out the day and night, something like internal gas noises, i do not have dierihhia or constipation. my symptoms are only feeling bloated plus this internal gas noise that happens alot.... what could this be?

thank u

Hi there,

I have exactly the same problem. Just before Christmas I felt
unwell and I lost my appetite. I think this was stress related. Then I started getting the weirdest stomach noises. Sometimes they are so loud, they wake me up. I get bloted from time to time but I do not have constipaption or diarrhoea. The funny thing is that my niece had exactly the same problem. We lost about 1 stone over christmas. IBS is in our family and stress does not help either!

Hello everyone I am currently 25 years old and these stomach noises have been causing me so many problems. I really started to notice my stomach noises when I was like 19 years old. Once I graduated from my university the stomach noises seem to have gotten worse. I hate having to do any kind of training, because I get soo scared that my stomach will start to make some type of noise. I actually had to resign from a government job, because the training was 4 months long and I had to spend 80% of my time in a quiet room. I was doing pretty good for the first 4 weeks, but then I got a tetaneous shot and a hepatitis shot and everything went down hill.

I will have to go through another training, which will be a week long, 8 hours a day. I wish I didn't have to do this training, but I guess I have no other alternative. I also want to get my masters, but I guess I will have to try to get it online. There are some schools like Boston University, Michigan State, Texas Tech, Florida State, Penn State and University of Houston that offer degrees online. I hope this helps for those who are in school and hate going to class. I am now trying to go to a career path that does not make me work in a quiet environment.

One thing that helped me a great deal was taking fiber pills (metamucil). My routine would start out like this, wake up and try to do #2, then take 2 fiber pills and have breakfast. I would like like 20 fiber pills with me, just incase I heard any noises. I would have lunch and then try to do #2 again and take 2 more fiber pills. I would also take water with me and also something to drink on that was carbonated. I think that if you flush food through your system, by using the restroom, then this may help with the stomach noises. It did for me until I got the darn tetaneous and hepatitus shot.

One other thing that I noticed helped a great deal was running or probably any other excercise. I remember one time I had to run 1.5 miles before lunch and I didn't eat anything, I just drank water. I showered and went to class and I was thinking that I was sure to have stomach noises. I was soo surprised that my stomach did not make one noise.

I went to go and see a doctor in another country (Mexico) since I don't have insurance right now. He checked me out and said that my heart beat is like off on the 11th beat or something like that. He said that it was nothing to worry about, but that this may be the reason for my stomach noises. He asked if I had been excercising lately and I said no. He asked if I had any chest pains and I said a couple times and he said that I should start to excercise everyday. He also gave me this medication, Creon and this other medication. I am taking them right now, but I don't know if they are really working, since my stomach has been feeling about the same. The doctor told me to stay away from processed foods, such as sausages and not to any spices (garlic, pepper, cumin and other spices) he also said not to eat any spicy foods. I am also lactose intollerant, so I don't drink any dairy products. I think I am also alergic to glutons, so I stay away from wheat, barly and oats.

One other thing that I have not done yet, but am thinking about is taking milk thistle to try to help my liver process foods. I don't want to do this yet, until I have finished my training. I don't want to experiment right now before I go to training.

Well good luck to everyone and I hope we can deal with our problem. It would be nice if we could all work for the same company and we didn't have to worry about our stomach noises.

I have the same problem and I really hate this. I am in class sometimes it's very quiet and my stomach makes noise even when the teacher is talking i can hear it, not so loudly but I worry about the person who is next to me.

My stomach makes noises all the time. I've also been having anxiety issues lately. I think that the two are directly related, in the sense that i'm stressed out so my stomach starts making these crazy noises. Because of this, I think that everyone can hear them and start getting panicked. Unfortunately, I havent found any real way to stop them and I have a huge exam coming up very very soon. I get to sit in a silent room with 70 other people while my stomach goes wild. o.O I have found that avoiding highly processed foods helps some. Bananas dont cause any noises, and chocolate carnation instant breakfast allows me to get enough protein or whatever to keep my stomach from making hunger-related noises.

I had my tooth cleaned (deep cleaning) and I started experiencing the stomach noise after that.I went to India and the doctors told that he has seen more cases of people who have tooth deep cleaning experiencing stomach noise and gas problem.He gave me ULCIKIT and it worked wonders .

I have the same thing, came when I was 15 and now I'm 22 and just have my HS diploma b/c of my noises. I have weak mind so it's hard. very hard. It sux that there are no SOLUTIONS to this stupid issue. It's so stupid u would think there would be one out there. But hardly anyone understands. I nearly have given up on praying to God about it but since he's perfect I am still figuring out WHY me. b/c...ppl have potential and some people weren't made to withstand this. And so on. Glad to see others here who can understand. But anyways. Can't wait to here more about this wonderful problem!! futher on.

Do you drink much coffee? I was researching this same thing 2 years ago. My stomach got to the point where it was making embarassing noises so badly I wanted to skip work and classes. I cut out the coffee and now just have problems like normal. It took about a month for it to work itself out. May not be the problem, but it helped mine. I guess the amount of coffee I was drinking to combat my insomnia from overbooking classes between 2 colleges took its toll. A cup is okay, but I was drinking double and triple shots just to wake up. Anyway, that's my experience and in all my research never found too much coffee as a possiblity or I would have tried cutting it out earlier. If try to cut out coffee and need caffeine, I was able to take No-Doz, which is way less caffeine than my coffee drinks.

Hi all,

I am right there with everyone up here. I have noticed my issue more and more since college, but it happened in class for me there too. I now work in an office/cube environment. My tummy noises are now constant whether I eat or not, whether I drink water or not, etc. I have gotten rid of caffeine in my diet, I rarely eat sugar. I must say I enjoy drinking beer and other alcohol (i.e. carb filled heaven in a glass-that we are to be wary of), but I try to save that for the weekends, when I am less likely to deal with the aftermath in the company of other people. I have laughed it off for years, but it is a constant cause and possible product of stress, and I find it a miserable never-ending cycle.

Good Lord, I hope I do. I am in my office right now, and my stomach wants to explode it seems... thank goodness for my coworkers with earbuds in and my ability to roll back (noisily) in my chair, cough, and otherwise distract from my rumbling. I am also blessed enough to be able to drive home on my lunch break to attempt to alleviate the disturbing content of my stomach. But that doesn't always help and isn't always possible. As I, too, have applied to graduate school, I am filled with overwhelming fear that classes combined with my stomach will be completely embarrassing and will not foster a great learning experience.

I am so relieved that so many others feel my pain, but if we find a definitive answer for ourselves, I hope that we'll all share it. I will if I do...

Well, here's to happy stomachs guys!

It's really embarrassing :$. Specially if you are in a quite place like an office cubicle where I am right now. I hope there was some solution. I am going to try to cut down my coffee intake and see if it works.

Hey guys, mannnnnn i am so glad that there are some people out there with this problem. I haven't been the doctors but i literally hav no time lately, but as time goes by things are getting worse. Before I start going on about my problems, it is worse mentioning that my mother has the same problems as me!
I firstly started noticing my stomach was making strange noises in year 9 i think (Age 16/17) but it was always randomly, and i knew everyone got indigestion at some point in time. But it was extremely embarassing. Things seemed to be fine for a long time.......I managed to get a stable relationship with a guy from the age of 16-18 with no problems I can recall, i mean we shared an intimate relationship.......but now i couldn't even imagine having one....EVER. It is really that bad. I do remember one time when i was sat on his knee, and my stomach made a noise...but it was only random...Skipping ahead to university, and things are very hard, I'm such a social creature, yet i have managed to alienate most people i know. But obviously its off and on. When my stomach makes these crazy gargles i need to lock myself away, literally ill just say i have to do work, or sometimes I will drive home..which is about 2 hours away...just because I know that the only people who know whats going on is my family, and my mum suffers from the same.I have ried to talk to my mum but she only developed these symptoms of whatever it is, into her marriage, so like she cares!!! She's all good. But i'm really not. It is ruining my social life, I have gotten in trouble at university because I cannot go to lectures- thing is i have shot myself in the foot, as in first year when symptoms weren't that bad (i had most problems at night when myself and friends were out in a club) i didn't go to lectures because i was being lazy. I now know i want to succeed, i have my last chance at uni in third year and I think i might fail because of this. I feel like it is so unfair, what have I done to deserve this? I've tried different diets but nothing seems to help, for a couple of days I'm fine, but then for like over a week I have this really uncomfrtable itiching pain in my left side...which hurts slightly, and makes a terrible noise...and i know it can't be ibs, because I know that apparently alcohol makes it worse, however i have got into a habit where i have to drink to settle my stomach...I even drove to my local store to buy some cider to settle my stomach- a 20 minute drive- so I could sit and talk to my friends. Why, if it is ibs, does alcohol settle my stomach- it doesnt even matter what alcohol i drink by the way!! I am honestly hating my life right now...and i sooooo now how you guys feel, it is super crappy!!!!!!! Can anyone say they've had the same problems as me...by the way it doesnt matter if im stressed...i cant be stressed and the problem isn't even there...it's just random!! HELP!! xx Shanna

try gaviscon and avoid chilli and hot sauces the stomach noises may be caused as you cannot digest certain foods.milk will also help to line your stomach.it works for me

YES! people who have the same problem i'm 13 and all my classes at school are quiet! and its so embarrasing when it makes those noises, even at friends house ugh! my stomack goes crazyy...i eat alot of whole wheat and then i stoped for a few days and my stomach didn't make noises anyore...i also eat yogurt and a banana in the morning before school, but still occasionally i still have these noises and gas like cramps, like right now! haha, i need a way to stop it!

please help

I have the same problems too. What I found out, if I keep eating the noise gets louder and painful. I went to the E.R a few times because of it. I was told it was just a lot of gas. So here's what I do, I give myself a break to allow my food to digest.

For example:

On Sunday (the day before school), I will eat 1 full meal before 3pm. The rest of the day, I will drink juice, water, or soda. If I have the munchies really bad, I will eat a spoon or two of peanut butter (something smooth). Then on Monday, I will not eat until I get out of school. I eat regular on Monday after school. Wednesday and Friday, same as Monday's routine,Tuesday and Thursday same as Sunday's routine. On Saturday, I just eat, lol. I found I have to give my stomach the time to digest food. When I follow this routine, my stomach makes no noises during class and I don't get a lot gas or have stomach pains. *Warning please do not starve yourself.*

i know this is an old post, but there is a treatment.

try taking loperamide, 2mg per dose, 3 doses per day.

now this WILL cause constipation if you dont monitor your diet....

plenty of WATER (not "drinks" water! it tastes great and is really good for you) plenty of fibre, cut down on fats, and heres the most important thing

if you eat meat (which takes a long time to digest) avoid fruits and anything like milk/yoghurt which can curdle as the latter will rot in the stomach before digestion is complete because of the high protein intake (causing most of your problems)

also be careful with pro-biotic solutions... some people get on with them eliminating this gas problem completely and some people have this problem worse so... you pay your money, you make your choice.