well Im a teenager and I have these loud stomach noises that are very disturbing when I'm in class, and I cant find a solution, can someone please help?

Hey there, i have just become a member of this site and have found many useful posts from people who know how we are feeling. I think if you look at more of the posts.

Personaly i try to estbalish if certain foods make me worse and try to cut them out or not eat them if i know i will be in a quiet situation etc.

Many people have said coffee and fizzy drinks make things worse.

Hope this helps and carry on looking for more advice and ideas as different things work for different people!

Take care now x

i have suffered from loud stomach noises unrelated to hunger for most of my adult life. i wish i was free from this preoccupation as it rules my life.
i have not heard of any solutions to quiet a noisy stomach-ever!

i have heard that stomach noises/rumblings are "normal" but when they happen to you, it can take up otherwise valuable time worrying.

if you have a supplement, pill or other solution to a loud digestive tract, pls. share it with me. i am missing out on social activities and education!

thanks,

m.h.

Try avoiding food that makes a lot of gas in your stomach, like beans for instance. I have an elderly father who has similar problems like yours, and he is been using Alka-Seltzer. For some time he is much better, and has less of this loud gasses. I hope that this will also help you get over this unpleasant problem. If anybody has some other solution pleas keep us posted.

Hi all, 

One thing that works well with me when I feel that my stomach is creating gas is swallowing 2 pills of charcoal. It is sold in pharmacies and drugstores in the herbology department, usually. It is special medical charcoal and it has worked wonders on me!! But I have also had to cut out fizzy drinks and I eat brown rice and wholemeal cereals instead of white rice and regular cereals. That has helped too ! Eggs are also bad for my stomach, but that could be just me!

Have also had this problem for years, I kind of got it under control with meds then it came back recently. The meds were dicyclomine (bentyl) which is for abdominal cramping (more for those with IBS / diarrhea, but it kept me quiet) and klonopin.. The reason everyone has different "answers" or no answers to this problem is because it is highly related to anxiety and the autonomic nervous system. Therefore, the less you want it to happen the more it will (and there is no "willing" it to happen, or tricking yourself, like others who don't have it will try to tell you to do...) I just started dicyclomine (10 mg) again once a day (timed 2 hrs before I want it to be quiet) and it's been working out usually but not like it used to. I think the klonopin really helped the most because it's like having an anxiety attack in your intestines, and I think an anti-anx. drug cuts the link your brain sends down there.. just my theories.. I didn't eat much with my dicyclomine this morning and ended up feeling just weird, hot, and confused, which can be side effects.. ended up crying but wasn't totally sure why, unless i'm just freaking out about having to go off of it cause it helped, but I have to now... anyone else tried either of these two drugs before?

Of course you will figure out on your own which foods are better or worse for you.. but for me food adjustments just weren't enough.