Hello I am a 19 year old female, I too suffer from anxiety I've had it for just over a year now, yes it is very normal to lose ur appetite. When I first found out I had anxiety I was bed ridden for a week, I couldn't eat it was very hard for me, I couldn't put food to my mouth, I was weak headache felt sick had the shakes sweating, heart beating fast. I am currently going through the same thing now, I have a 16 month old child who is very ill at the moment and this is causing me not to eat cos I'm to stressed and very worried. Anxiety is not in the mind its a physical thing that can make you very ill.

I know I'm kind of late , but I'm having the same problem as you (Minus the lexapro & xanax ) But i'm reaching the end of my 18th year & i've noticed the past 3 or so month's i've lost my appetite completly & i've been having these constant breathing problems , my mother says it's just panic attacks but I feel as if they are worse , I'm 5'2 & 98 pounds 18 years of age. I cant take anymore than two whole bites of food without feeling like I cant eat anymore. Did you find a solution ? if not anyone who reads this..

I am 13 years old and I have had an anxiety issue for about 3 years now, my first one was when I was 10 and it was during the summer, I am on Zoloft and have been for again 2 and half years or 3 years, I go to a shrink, and he tells me the problem should go away, although I do have relapses every now and then, I was good for about 2 years, but lately it has taken a tole on me, I can not eat with out feeling like I am about to vomit, I think it all has to do with your very first anxiety attack. Usually the clothes I have an attack in I can never wear again. So when i feel anxious I usually change into clothes I wont miss. My sleep isn't effected, since it is one thing I like to do, plus my attacks REALLY wear me out. I am able to hold down a meal at night, I think its because the night doesn't scare me, the day time gives me unease. When it used to be the other way around, I have had trama's before in my life, and I worry often which doesn't help. I am seeing my shrink tomorrow, and hopefully he will give me some answers, but most likely he will change my medication. I get it in the summer mainly because I am not at school, and not doing many activities because I am not really one who is into the sports and things like that.

I completely disagree with both of your methods to reduce anxiety.

"Avoiding the stimulus" can destroy your life. I have lived with anxiety and panic attacks since I was 9 years old and know that avoiding what makes you anxious is the exact opposite of what you should do. If you do follow this method, soon you will be stuck in your house with agoraphobia. Second, your method of using religion is bogus. If you have a medical or mental issue, use treatment methods that have been proven. In your case, i think that you believed that it would work, so it did. Lastly, talk to a psychiatrist or psychologist. It WILL help.

I too suffer from anxiety . I can go for weeks with out an episode and then . I start to get anxious about every day things ,that I have no control over . I want things not to change . I know the answers I talk the talk but struggle to put things into practice . .I go to bed hungry too scared to eat so I don't get anxious . I try and eat little things during the day . I am constantly tired when I am anxious . and I fixate about eating .I have the ability to beat this but some days are harder than others . I too hide behind a mask . I once had a panic /anxiety attack while out and my friend couldn't believe what was happening , she said you always seem so confident ,.People you are not alone there are people who are going through exactly what we go through every day , my doctor told me everybody suffers in one way or another .

This is exactly what I have been going through the last 9 months. I have now lost about 25 lbs. I have yet to find anything that works to get food in me and sometimes not even water. HELP!

I have anxiety, Ive been having it for 3 years, they had me on xanax, but I had the doctor change it because I heard it was addicting and I have a friend who was addicted to them. The doctor has me Buspar. it helps for a awhile, I hate the fact that it makes me super tired and dizzy. I get anxiety when I have problems or school. Ive tried yoga, meditating listening to soft music nothing works. im 5'0" 27 and weight 100 lbs. according to my doctor thats a normal BMI for a person my height.

To the guest above me:  I have been experiencing anxiety/panic attacks since 2009 and I have prevented myself from going to the doctor in order to avoid medications.  My began while in school as well.  At the time, I was working, going to school full time, and was a youth coordinator at a local non-for-profit organization.  It took a toll on me.  However, I did not allow it to control my life.  I have found that reading about it and getting knowledgeable on the topic.  I am not saying it will be easy, somedays it will get hard but you will soon realize that you are defeating it without medication.  Medications do not cure it, it only numbs it.  So you have to find a way to cop with it and defeat it when it occurs.  If we can find a way to exchange emails without posting it here would be great.  I am more than happy to share my experience withit.  I do not want to post my email here do to spam. 

I am a 15 year old  female teenager. Things are getting worst for me nowadays. I am greatly depressed, anxious, under a mental trauma and obviously suffering from appetite loss. wherever I go, whenever I things are bad for me. i a student and i love studying. but nowadays I just can't concentrate on my studies. This is making me more anxious. i have been reading psychological books, reading the teachings of Buddha, but nothing really is helping. seeing my poor condition everyone in and around my house inquires about what had happened to me. i am not ready to share them about my personal problem, and I am tired to death by saying them that i am fine. I don't know for how long this will go on, I am really finding it difficult to breathe. My mind is in a conflict and I am utterly confused. I am not going to the doctor anyhow for my my pants won't take me. moreover, my parents hate me like hell and the are conspiring against me; they just want me to suicide unbearable to execute the mental torture. i am so helpless. If my dear friends have any suggestions or advice for me then do please send it to me.

I spent a year of my life in bed where I couldn't eat; I lost 60 lbs, and continued to have heart/throat burn and at least 6 panic attacks a day. I know it's terrifying, and Ipromise you it will get better if you do what you need to do for yourself and do it now. I know that therapy is what everyone will suggestion, but to even get to the point that therapy can be affective for you, you should probably speck to an MD about medicating for persistent panic first. I know for me, I wasn't going to do anything, and nothing was going to help until I was at least temporarily sedated. I love food as well, and I had the same burning as you speak of. Once I started my regular meds, Iwas eventually ready to go to therapy and I'm in a much better state now. Literally everything I read on the internet talking about panic disorder never mentioned the severe examples of symptoms like what you and I have experienced (to the point of incapacitation physically and mentally), but I'm here to tell you that it happened to me too, and you are not alone.

I am so sorry to hear that you are suffering so much. I too have had parents who hate and want to destroy me. I want to tell you that you are going to be okay if you get the help you need, and that you deserve that help as much as any of us do. You are not alone in this, and you can reach out. In terms of suicide, I beg of you to stay here on this earth; I promise with the right help you will succeed in having a beautiful life experience. Please know you are not alone, and you will be cared for if you continue to reach out.

Yes. I did not start having them until after I had my 2nd child. Now the come around the time of my menstrual cycle,,, about a week before or after. During this time I can have 1-2 panic attacks a day up to about 4 major episodes. As far as food. Everything taste metallic like. Even water. I have absolutely no appetite for the couple of days that I experience them & also for about 2 days after. ---my stomach was growling so loud

My life is almost mirror to yours.

Me too I can be fine and all of a sudden I feel sick and just the thought of food makes me feel sick I get shakes pins and needles in my hands and face and veal where'd and out of control iv sufford for around 5 years they just started out of no where in my late 20s I don't know what caused them but now it controls my life and thoughts daily I always think something bad is going to happen to me or feel like an hypochondriac because every illness or ache I get I think it's a bad illness and can't stop thinking about it, I have been on medication from the doctor but stopped taking it a couple of years ago as It didn't seem to make any difference does anyone know why these attacks start and why I have these thoughts all the time it's starting to really hither me i feel I'll everyday

I'm 23, 5'4", and already underweight, so the fact that I haven't been able to eat more than a few bites of tasteless things since my fiance of 4 years (whom I am still deeply in love with) broke it off with me a few days ago (his own personal reasons that had little to do with me, and more to do with him), I am very concerned about the negative side effects not eating is having on me. I'm irritable and lethargic, and I can barely move around the house. Smelling food makes me feel sick, and I find it hard to sleep normally. Any ideas of what I could ingest to help me?