I just read your post as I am currently suffering from the same thing. Your scripture message touched me as I too am a Christian who has been leaning on the love and strength of Christ to get through the days. My high anxiety typically remains a few months after a panic attack and then subsides where I'm fine. I hadn't had one in years and was taking Celexa which appeared to help. It is comforting and sad at the same time to know that I'm not the only one struggling. God Bless all of you going through this and that in Him you can find needed rest and peace. "Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid." John 14:27.

Asalaam Alaikum brother / sister,

Alhamdulillah you are fine now Allah has helped you yes , i try make duas to get over this same problem that i have. Could you tell me where i could go and see a Sheikh as i don't know of any. Im a revert by the way.

JazakAllah khair

Same here. I don't know what to do

I know this post is from over a year ago - but hi, I'm a 22 year old female (so now the same age as you) and I also have anxiety. Up until about a year ago, it was a minor problem and very controlled. Then last December I had my first panic attack. Whenever I am feeling anxious, I find myself unable to eat also. And by not eating, I starting getting more anxious because now I am worried about the fact that I’m not eating and what that means for my health – blood sugar, fainting, etc. What I’ve learned is, if I’m feeling anxious and can’t eat – I DO NOT FORCE IT. I have found this extremely helpful. If I try to force myself to eat, I know I’m just unable to do so, and again, that makes me more anxious. If you’re anxious and can’t eat – just don’t. Accept that you’re anxious, and wait for it to pass. Then eat whenever it goes away. Good luck and don't let this get to you

radical extremism does not help cure anxiety. educate yourself about your religion.

Wtf omg crazy

Could you send me about one step routine. I'm struggling with anxiety massively. I've worked at a restaurant for two weeks and they all seem to think I have a eating disorder because I turn down free food. It's embarrassing! 

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

Aromatherapy helps me sooo much. Get some organic essential oils, like chammomile, peppermint, lavender and frankencense. You can mix a little in your palm, only 1 drop of each is more than enough, then inhale. Tub on your chest, back of neck, forhead, and bottoms of feet. This will help you immediately.

Hey I know you posted this comment a while ago, but I wanted to let you know that your problem will get better. I had the exact same problem. All I can say is slowly work your life to minimize your anxiety. It'll take time but you'll find as you progress your appetite will start coming back. Hope this helps

Wow I struggle with the exact problem. At this very moment I'm going on day 3 of hardly eating anything, and I mean HARDLY. I know after a certain amount of time I notice physical and emotional problems from not eating. I'm at that point now. The last time it was pretty serious, I lost 10lbs. in a month and my average weight is 110lbs. I became obsessed with the idea that I was going to starve to death. I applauded myself when I could eat. I just hope it doesn't last that long like last time.

I have the same issue. It's really hard to deal with and I too become obsessed with trying to get my appetite back. To the point I can't concentrate on anything else. I did got out this last time and bought a bunch of berries (black, strawberry, raspberry) and I can manage to get those down okay. I am in my early 40s. I've delt with this my whole life. I didn't even realize it was happening when I was younger but now that I look back, it's always been there to some degree. I also thought I was alone. Many people eat when they are feeling stressed. I'm completely the opposite! When I saw this thread, I was amazed at how many people have the same issue. Curious to see how others cope.

Islam??? You really are nuts!

Hello, I am a 21 year old male, and I have struggled with Depression and Anxiety pretty much since I can even remember. I have always struggled especially with Social Anxiety, which in High School and years before that I didn't mind because I would just not talk to anyone and didn't care what people thought about me. I was always able to eat food and drink without any problems. But now I am getting into the real world and I really struggle with Social Interactions because I know I need to talk to people but I just get so nervous and it really sucks. Lately I have not been able to eat that well because of my anxiety (i think) A few days ago was Thanksgiving and I had family in town and I literally couldn't eat at all and it really sucked specially because it was Thanksgiving with all that yummy food everywhere that I have always enjoyed in the past but I just couldn't eat because of the people around me. I love the people around me and stuff it just I get nervous for some reason and can't eat. I also have struggled with addiction issues and I think they have finally crept up on me. I have drank heavily since I was about 17 to cope with my Depression and Anxiety and have also smoked pot almost everyday since I was 16. So I am going to try and stop drinking for a few weeks and see how I feel and smoke less, but when I smoke it makes me feel better and hungry so idk. I'm just scared I'm never going to be able to go out to eat, or go to partys or anything because of my anxiety and how it just makes me feel nauseous. Please help and give me some ideas on what I should do, maybe go to the doctor and get prescribed? But I also heard the pills aren't the best way to go but if they would help me I would love to try them.

I think the most important thing is to learn to calm your body. I feel like you are so young and I wish that someone had told me this when I was 21! There are techniques that a good anxiety doctor can teach you and you can carry with you especially in dealing with social situations. The more you practice, the more comfortable you will become. You just need to keep at it and it will pay off. And know that your appetite will always come back. It just takes time. One other thing you can try is 5 oils from a company called Pure Herbs. I put it on my throat and I feel like it opens up my throat and chest and I don't feel so constrained. Meds can help but please research and find a good doc. Explain that issue with eating and really emphasize it so they get the full picture of how anxiety impact you - also explain your history of addiction. Hope this helps! btw, I've had many Thanksgivings like that. You'll get through it and be able to enjoy the time with your family.

Thank you so much!! I have been feeling better lately, I haven't been drinking and have been exercising daily and eating healthy meals and I have felt a change in my body for the good! Also haven't been near as anxious, but I still feel anxiety creep up on me at random times but I'm learning how to not let it affect me in a negative way. I am looking to go see a specialist though because I think it will help me even more and I need all the help I can get, but good news is I don't think I need meds to be happy, it was just the consistent drinking and negative thinking that was going on in my life. I will look into those Oils as well I would love to try those! Thanks so much for the reply again it awesome to see that someone cares:)