Thanks, it's food to know. It has been a week since I stopped, I still feel occasional anxiety and irritability.

I just started Flonase 2 days ago. I used it right before going to bed. Both nights I woke up in the middle of the night and was up all night . I was very anxious and had a rapid heart beat. The first night was a Saturday and I was able to sleep some Sunday during the day. But not sleeping Sunday night meant that I have to go to work without any sleep at all.

we need to sue them!! all product of corticosteroids are too danger to be in the market. They need to think more about how to prevent those awful side effects not just let people struggle like this. Who said we can trust pharmaceutical and government!! this is a serious issue! One of the reasons why it is still on the market, is because no one reports the side effect (yes because it already makes us too mentally ill to be rational) how many more people have to sacrifice for this?? and I bet there are lots of people out there who has no idea what is actually the cause of their mental sickness and ended up depending on psychiatrist and blaming themselves, not knowing that this little amount of corticosteroids can screw them up, so nobody blames it, and even if they knew the doctor wouldn't believe it, even their family. This drug can change how u function, mess things up, and still hangin around out there is ur nearby pharmacy. What a shame! the disease was so little compared to the side effects that they have to deal with!

Has anybody in this post get better? after so many years.. Do you ever feel like urself again? Thanks.

I have to say there is something not right with Flonase - I started taking it on 11/5/2018 to try to breathe better at night, 2 sprays each nostril every morning. I stopped it on 11/18/2018 because I had a severe panic/anxiety attack. I am generally an anxious type to begin with, but I have NEVER experienced anything like this in my life - I am 50. I have flown hundreds of thousands of miles around the world commercially for work and vacations, and have about 1300 hours of time as a pilot, flying small airplanes since I was 14 years old, I love flying.

On 11/18/2018 I boarded a small Embraer 145 jet - little 50 seater. I was in the last seat in the back corner of the plane, not the first time. The aisle passenger came in and sat down next to me and all of a sudden like a wave, SEVERE anxiety/panic/terror came over me like nothing I have ever experience in my life, like a clausterphobic feeling you'd probably have being buried alive . I immediately had to get out and almost had to get off the plane - fortunately there was an exit row aisle available and I was able to move - where the feeling continued, but I was able to control it a little better - it was only an hour flight thank god.

Moral of the story - I truly believe that Flonase had something to do with it - I have stopped and will NEVER touch that stuff again!!!

New Member
1 post
Please do not blame yourself. It took me some time to figure out why I was feeling so anxious. I am off the Flonase now and the anxious feeling I was having in my legs has gone. I can also sleep through the night. I was awaking every 20 minutes with a racing fight or flight feeling. Feel blessed that you found out while your little girl is so young. As an adolescent, you may not have made that connection and it could have lead to many other problems. It could have possibly taken longer to figure out and lead to much bigger problems. Many of our teens are thinking they are coming unglued because of social pressures when it may be something as simple as allergy med reactions. I really thought that I was losing my mind and I said to my family that I could not live with the anxious feeling/tingling in my legs. It was literally driving me crazy. It is truly a blessing that you know to stay away from these meds with your daughter. She should remember to stay away for the rest of her life. I will never take Flonase for this reason again. It is a shame because it worked very well for my allergies. However, I value my mental health much more. I finally slept through the night last night, I am not even aware of my legs, and I am back to enjoying my students.

Read your Flonase instructions regarding the best time to inhale the product.