Hi, I am 53 years old male and I felt very strong pain in my groin three days before. Pain was very strong so I have to go to see my doctor and ask for help. Doctor made x-ray of my abdomen and he told me that I have kidney stone. I would like to know something about it.

Hi, pain which is caused by stones in kidneys is one of the strongest pains which someone may experience. Such pain may irradiate to the back or in the groins like happened to you. Stones may be thrown out trough urinary tract if they are small or sometimes if they are huge than only way to be removed is surgical procedure.

Hi Marta,

This is very common condition for males and females and it is not that serious so stop worrying.

Kidney stones are usually treated at home but of course this depends how big they are. If your doctor decides that you can pass them out in your home than he will prescribe you some painkillers and send you home. Of course this pain can be really strong and if you feel like you can’t handle it you should ask stronger painkillers from your doctor. Also it is advisable to adjust your nutrition and to increase intake of fluids into your organism especially water and lemonade because you need to flush those kidneys. You can try with some herbal teas as well, such as green and red tea.