Hi, I have a strong pain in my lower abdomen. I checked my ovaries on gynecological examination, and everything was fine. A gynecologist told me that the pain could be caused by appendicitis, and that I have to check it out. Is it difficult to treat?

Hi, I had appendicitis 10 months ago. It hurt so much, I will never forget it! It is inflammation of the appendix, and it begins when the opening from the appendix into the cecum becomes blocked. The cause of the blockage is often a stool that enters the appendix from the cecum. Bacteria that normally lives hear, begins to invade the wall of appendix, and the body responds by mounting an attack on the bacteria and causing inflammation. The appendix could rapture, and that is when real problems start. Infection starts to spread throughout the abdomen, and it often requires the surgery. Fortunately, I didn’t need a surgical treatment, because my infection didn’t spread throughout abdomen.