Is it true that adding three teaspoons of apple cider vinegar before every meal would result in fat burning? I read this in a magazine and I was wondering if it were true! I need to lose about 10-15 lbs and I wanted to know if apple cider vinegar would do the trick! Thanks

I am not sure about that! From what I have been reading, apple cider vinegar doesn’t do much for weight loss. Apple cider vinegar consists of acid, water, some mineral minerals and small amounts of pectin that could be attributed to lowering cholesterol and therefore burning fat but no scientific proof has been given on such statements. Apple Cider Vinegar diet promotes balanced diet, small meals, no snacking and exercise that would actually work without the apple cider and vinegar. In case you decide to try, let us know how it went!

I have used ACV for a couple of things, just not weight loss (5'11" 145lbs male). I would like to point something out, though - "these statements have not been approved by the Food and Drug Administration". Sounds familiar, right? Thats because its on EVERY SINGLE natural herbal pill bottle you can buy. Here's what I think -

The FDA is, first and foremost, an industry. I do believe they try to help, but they must consider their own situation first. They don't want to even investigate any "natural" cures because they don't want people to know that a two dollar bottle of ACV is just as effective as their expensive prescription meds, and without any harmful side effects! Notice it doesn't say the FDA proved those statements false, because they haven't. They simple haven't investigated it at all!

Now, if all these millions of people the world over have sworn by some herbal remedy that's been recorded throughout such a substantial percentage of human history, why wouldn't the FDA at least want to take a peak at it? Well. You already have my answer, but you'll have to make up your own mind for yourself.