Two nights ago I consumed 5 or 6 apricot kernels with my evening snack of mixed nuts. Half an hour later I was feeling really weird - nausea, severe headache, neck tension, dizziness, lethargy and mild confusion. This continued for about 4 hours. My husband found on numerous sites on the internet that apricot kernels can cause cyanide poisoning and I had most of the symptoms. I took a couple of prednisone tablets that evening, followed by lots of fluids. I am still nauseous and have headaches. I read that Vitamin B12 is a good antidote for the liver, but I am allergic to Vit B12. How long do these poisoning symptoms go on for????

Hi! I didn't know that apricot kernels can cause you poisoning. I'm shocked! I did some internet research myself and I found a lot of information, they even say that you can die from it. I couldn't find anything about anti poison, but you should talk to you doctor about it if you're still feeling these symptoms. Those weren't roasted, right? Roasting the seeds will destroy the enzymes needed to produce the lethal reaction without appreciably affecting the mineral content of your munchies. Take care.