A few weeks ago before seeing my boyfriend I had a discussion with my mom on her thoughts of sex and if I did it what she'd think. She seemed fine since she said she can't tell me I can't do it. She said as long as I'm on birth control and he uses a condom all the time. I'm 19 and lost my virginity 3 weeks ago. Before seeing my boyfriend still, my parents allowed me and him to stay in a hotel together and wants us to be responsible (didn't say why but I knew what they meant) and acted like they didn't want us to have sex. I told them we weren't and we both as a couple discussed on the phone, a few weeks before seeing each other, we weren't and we did NOT say it to lie to my parents. Then the weekend came and we decided spontaneously to do it (of course, we talked about it beforehand to make sure we were being responsible about it). We technically didn't lie to my parents since we didn't know those feelings were going to happen (especially after 7 weeks of not seeing each other). We then later decided we weren't going to have sex anymore because we feel we're not ready (even though it was a great first time experience for me). Plus, we were completely protected with a condom and birth control where I never missed a pill. When I came home after my weekend she asked if I had sex. I said no because I knew she wouldn't like it (by the way she acted before I left) and she said it was none of her business. I feel like I should tell her but when we had that conversation weeks ago she said I didn't have to tell her because it's none of her business. So yes, I know saying that was a lie but I'm confused on what I should do. Should I keep it to myself and tell her one day down the road or tell my mom what happened? It doesn't bother me if I keep it to myself but I want to do what's right more than how good I feel about it. Please help!

i would tell her just because it is always good to be honest with your mom. that's what i would do if i were you. so if you want to keep an open and honest relationship with your mom then tell her the truth about what happened that weekend with you and your boyfriend and let her know that it was only that one time. i am sure she will be understandable about it. keep me posted on what happens with you and your mom.