Has anyone experienced other unusual reactions that they can associate to recent ingestion of almonds? As in light headed or mild dizziness.

I have not had light headedness or dizziness. I am however having this come and go pain in my chest and my throat. I'm not seeing that listed as a symptom anywhere. I'm wondering if it is..

My mother and I both get dizzy when we eat almonds, it's been happening for years now. Last week I had cashews and got my usual light headedness, so I'm wondering if I'm allergic to those as well. I'm eating some now to see if I get dizzy afterwords.

Some common nut allergy symptoms include: Swollen lips, face or throat, headaches, asthma, cramps, stomach ache, diarrhea, fatigue and irritability. I suppose mild dizziness could apply as well.

Once you have become sensitised to a food, your immune system produces more antibodies every time you eat that food. This means symptoms that are mild one day can be serious the next.

In rare cases, eating even a tiny amount of the food can cause anaphylactic shock. This is a life-threatening reaction by the immune system that causes the airways to narrow and heart to malfunction. It needs immediate treatment with adrenaline.

I am checking, too. I have noticed that I have been getting dizzy when I eat almonds. Yesterday, it was for hours after. I am also wondering if this is an allergic reaction....

I also have noticed that I did get dizzy spells after eating almonds. I found I was feeling fine, when I stopped to eat them.

I am so dizzy right now. I can not even stand up and walk....and I did just eat about 1/2 cup of almonds...also some cranberries...I am a big almond eater and this has happened to me many times before...I just never thought there would be a link between both of them....I going to do more research.

me too! this is the only page i can find when i type "dizzy almonds" into google. I feel really weird right now and have been snacking on a lot of almonds at my desk at work.. i vaguely remember this happening to me before, so i thought I would check. Did any of you find anything out?

i definitely get dizzy and off-balance with almonds. i definitely DO NOT have a nuts allergy, as i checked at the allergist, therefore i believe there's something IN the almonds that my body reacts with that's not an allergic/immuno reaction... i'm working on this and will post here if i find anything...

I also experinced dizziness when I eat almonds, Cashew and Pista.

I have a bag of raw almonds that I ate from last week. When I ate a handful 30 minutes ago, i got a scratchy throat then chest pain/tightness and congestion. It feels like a severe heartburn. I did read about something called OAS (Oral Allergy Syndrome). Which can be caused by pollen spreading onto fruits/veggies and nuts. These same foods should not be an issue cooked unless you have an actual food allergy. Might be worth testing out for some of you. 

Guest wrote:

This is so weird! I just ate about half a bag of the Trader Joe's 50% less salt almonds and I slowly started realizing I was feeling dizzy. I just came back from taking a little walk at the suggestion of a coworker, and it definitely helped. What could it possibly be? I don't know...

I too experience a dizziness after eating almonds. I understand that almonds lower blood pressure - could this be the reason for the dizziness? I wouldn't think it would hit that quickly but I can't find other info...

Guest wrote:

Just thought I would check on almonds - dizziness. I bought a can a few days ago of "natural" almonds. Been putting them on top of fruit or having a few for a snack. Starting experiencing this light headed dizzy feeling. Wow this explains so much. My trainor had recommended raw almonds for snacking....gonna stop now and see if the awful feeling will go away. I certainly hope so.

Almonds also so have traces of cyanide, as do cashew, from what I've been reading. Vertigo is a symptom of cyanide poisoning. I've been experiencing a little vertigo it at night as I am laying down. I believe it stems from all almonds I eat during the day. Raw almonds especially because cooking them eliminates the traces of cyanide. I go through a 12 oz bag a week and have been doing that for the last few months. I'm going to taper it off and see what happens.